BTTF Mod

Yeatzer

I need some help guys i've downloaded the auto install version of BTTF Hill Valley and when installing i get a problem with one of the audio files (i think thats what it is, when it loads the DOS window) anyway i still installs the rest and when i come to load the game i only get a black screen when starting new game or it doesn't go any further than the loading game screen if loading a game to which i am then left with an unhandled error message if thats what it is, can any one help me really looking forward to playing this mod but can't get it too work

Mav

• 4 weeks later...

I had a really big problem like this before and i never solved it, it was that everytime i add a new gta_vc.dat or modify mine the game just crashes while loading. I tried everything, adjusting limits, checking the paths, checking if everything is installed correctly but it just didnt work until i got some data files from myriad islands mod that i somehow randomly had on my pc and then it worked. What i know so far is that the problem is somehow to do with the objects.dat, gta_vc.dat and the carcols.dat files. Now it randomly works with the myriad islands files and i can add my own IDEs and IPLs without the game crashing. Oh ya this unhaldeled exeption crap comes up everytime there is an error in the game.