Resistance Fall Of Man Update Not Working

Mpilk901

I've been having problems with Resistance Fall Of Man, whenever I try to go into an online game it will ask me to update or else I cannot go into online play. I click "Yes" to update and it will come up with the downloading update screen but it will quickly go off and onto a screen which says "Update Failed, Network Error"

I've checked my network and everything appears to be working fine. I can still download demos, movies etc from the playstation store and the Internet Browser is working to. I recently updated my PS3 to Version 1.93 with no problems. I've tried it through wireless and cable connection but I still can't download the update. UPnP is "Not Available" and my NAT Type is 3, do these matter?

Anyhelp would be extremely appreciated. Pictures provided below:

200710221091.jpg

200710221092.jpg

200710221093.jpg

Hmmm, have you tried disabling your connection and then re-enabling it? Or have you changed your PSN name recently? That usually sometimes makes you start the whol game again.

Yes I have tried that and I created a 2nd PSN account but it's been doing the same with that one. Its been like this for ages now.

Not sre whats the problem really. I have never had this problem and I have just went online with MS to check if mine was working and it (the online play) is. It can't be the system update. Have you moved your PS3 do a different place and then use there connection or something like that?

Dunno why it isn't working like if its been happening befor the system update and then theres definetly something wrong with your PS3.

Call customer service, they will help you out.

One problem, I live in Doha, Qatar which is in the Middle East and I don't think they have a customer service (Well, a decent one anyway)...

Some times you just have to wait it out and try again later. It sucks when you're in the "gaming mood", but some times you just have to be patient.

I've been patient for about 5 months now.

Edited by Mpilk

One problem, I live in Doha, Qatar which is in the Middle East and I don't think they have a customer service (Well, a decent one anyway)...

Some times you just have to wait it out and try again later. It sucks when you're in the "gaming mood", but some times you just have to be patient.

Well...ummm...that sucks. Is it only Resistance?

Well...ummm...that sucks. Is it only Resistance?

Ok I think I've realised the problem. My NAT Type is 3 and I believe it should be NAT Type 2. My UPnP also needs to be enabled... I tried The Darkness and it said I needed NAT Type 1 or 2 to play online.

Can I ask a favour? If any of your online play is working can you please check your NAT Type connection and if UPnP is enabled? I think this is the problem and need to see if it is, thanks alot.

Isn't there a # in the PS3 Manual, where you can call for assistance?

Checking that now.

My Connections:

UPnP - Not Available

NAT- Type 2

I don't know what UPnP is, but I don't have it. I connect using Wifi.

UPnP is a standard that enables various devices to plug into a network and automatically know about each other. UPnP stands for Universal Plug and Play.

Ok well I'm going to wait till the weekend to sort it out because I might be on the phone for a while and it's late over here...

Thanks Charger, I think the problem is that my NAT Type is 3.

Edited by Mpilk

• 3 weeks later...