Well that's not normal...

CeeKay

K, so I got a wild hair up my bum yesterday to start playing GTA:SA again... I wanted to cruise around in all my wicked awesome cars (mostly downloaded from here. :P)...

So, I reinstall off an iso (CD got screwed up, and I'm hella glad I backed it up)... I started playing, and really the only error I got (this has happened since fresh install) was that the sound would occasionally be too quiet, or not be there at all...

That never bothered me, because there are subtitles. :P

This, however, bothered me...

After a little bit of playing and cruising around, I ended up trying to get into the LS airport by the usual means of either ramping a car off the slanted car hauler truck, or bunny-hopping at the right spot...

I ended up cruising around for the slanted car hauler, and I hit the highway, and the game suddenly went into warp-mode...

Instead of the clock's minutes going by seconds, it was going at least 2-3 times faster... This happens in a bunch of different spots on the map, and inside buildings. The clock literally zooms past. I can stand in a hot-spot outside and watch an entire in-game day zoom by in a matter of around 3-5 minutes. It's very annoying to be driving, and all of a sudden, you're warped 600 meters down the road, and into the back of a really large, really hard vehicle. :\

Does anyone know what my problem is? Could the ISO be screwed up? I tried reinstalling, and this happened on an unmodded version (I was going into the airport to look for plane names to mod, actually. :P)

Thanks,

- CK

Hi CeeKay. Please read the Rules again. Your not allowed to use an ISO file of the game. You must use a CD. Buy another CD, and I can help you.

Rule #4:

No warez - Discussion about illegally obtaining copyrighted material is strictly forbidden. < Please buy another CD and you can get more help. Reply to this topic when you get a new CD for GTA SA.

Ice

Hi CeeKay. Please read the Rules again. Your not allowed to use an ISO file of the game. You must use a CD. Buy another CD, and I can help you.

Rule #4:

No warez - Discussion about illegally obtaining copyrighted material is strictly forbidden. < Please buy another CD and you can get more help. Reply to this topic when you get a new CD for GTA SA.

Ice

"Discussion about illegally obtaining" I might point out. Meaning if I came on asking what the best torrent for the game was... I made the iso myself, from my own CD, and it says nothing about using your own back-up disc in the rules.

Please help. :( I feel like I'm stuck in a Benny Hill movie! :(

- CK

Edited by CeeKay

Nevermind. A different board helped me.

Apparently, my dual-core processor is causing all this havoc. So, there's a stabilizer program that I downloaded... For anyone suffering a similar problem, I've supplied the link down closer to the bottom.

Search tags:

too fast, dual, core, dual-core, AMD, warpspeed, warp, speed, too fast, clock, holy sh*t, fix, bug, Grand Theft Auto: Benny Hill

Thanks for yelling at me for almost maybe breaking no rules! Really appreciate all the help the German board gave me. :)

(Use Altavista.com's Babelfish page translator German-English if you don't speak German)

Link:

http://www.piranha-games.de/include.php?pa...c3a3723991a956d

(NOTICE: LINK POSTED ONLY FOR REFERENCE! DON'T GET PISSY AND DELETE IT FOR SOME BOGUS REASON.)

Thanks,

- CK

Edited by CeeKay

Don't get pissy when someone points out you you blatantly break the rules. ISO = warez, period.

The rules say absolutely nothing of the sort.

The rule is to keep people from discussing torrents and file sharing... Not that you can't use your own back-up.

Illegally obtained .iso images = warez.

.iso images you made yourself off of your own legitimate copy of the game = backup.

Huge difference. ;)

I only included the .iso information because I didn't know if my copy had been corrupted somehow or anything. I'm glad it isn't, because it's my only backup CD for SA.

A rule that was misread, plain and simple. Either way, I'm sure this exact scenario wasn't thought of when they put the "no warez" rule up...

- CK

Edited by CeeKay

(Took a moment & re-read your original post, word for word.)

In other words, you DO have the original disk, good. We've just gotten used to people blowing in & wanting help getting

their downloaded copy working, no offense intended. Read through similar topics & these stories are usually accompanied

w/ some excuse why it should be okay for them.

Your problem will probably require a re-install of your game. On top of that, I'm guessing you haven't backed up your

modded version. That means you'll have to re-install them also. This time, install one at a time & test the game a little

& save a copy of your edited files (GTA3.IMG, HANDLING.CFG, etc). I don't think a modded car is causing your "warp"

effect, but some downloaded cars may have glitches.

Unfortunately, that still leaves you w/ a screwed up disk. The best suggestion I can offer is to see if you can get it

re-surfaced (unless it's cracked or broken). A local game shop might help or find a unit called a SKIP DR. Your other

option is to find a new disk.

http://www.discrescuer.com/index.htm?referrer=google

Hand operated units are a little less expensive, but I've had great luck w/ them.

If you're just after a plane at the LS airport, go to Ceaser's house & grab the Voodoo across the street. pull up to the

wall just west of the gate & use it for a step ladder. Up, over & in.