noob question, TXDs crashing game

schoolistmylife

Hi this is my first post :),

Anyways, I was changing the storefronts mostly from idlewood6_lae.txd with photoshop then saved with txd workshop (and imported with image tool 2.0) and now my game crashes everytime soon after I start, especially when I am in the area where the "start new game" begins, or often when I am stealing a car. I can go a while if I stay out of that area and don't get out of the car. I think I changed back everything I changed except my txds, so my question is when do txds crash the game? Is it just when you put the wrong size one in or are there more reasons too? Because I notice my store fronts seem to really overlap each other even though I am rather certain they are the correct size. I have changed some billboards in the past and never ran into any problems. Thank you for any help.

Hi this is my first post :),

Anyways, I was changing the storefronts mostly from idlewood6_lae.txd with photoshop then saved with txd workshop (and imported with image tool 2.0) and now my game crashes everytime soon after I start, especially when I am in the area where the "start new game" begins, or often when I am stealing a car. I can go a while if I stay out of that area and don't get out of the car. I think I changed back everything I changed except my txds, so my question is when do txds crash the game? Is it just when you put the wrong size one in or are there more reasons too? Because I notice my store fronts seem to really overlap each other even though I am rather certain they are the correct size. I have changed some billboards in the past and never ran into any problems. Thank you for any help.

All textures must be of compatible size to work with the game. This means they must follow the rules... Any texture has to be a 'power of 2' size in height and width. They have to be sizes like 32 X 32 or 128 X 64, etc. (32=2 to the 5th power, 64=2 to the 6th, 128 =2 to the 7th). If you try using oddball numbers, you'll probably crash the game when it tries to render that texture. It's okay to make a texture larger than the original but you must keep the ratio of height to width the same while still obeying the rules. So, for a 32*8 to be enlarged 4 times, you'd have to create one that's 128*32, understand?

If you have no problems with the size, it MAY be that you need to 'rebuild' the archive after making your changes...

If you did all that and still have troubles, you might have to use a backup of the .IMG file or re-install the game to cure the problem.