Need a tutorial...

CeeKay

So I know how to build a car in ZModeler, I know how to skin, I know how to edit scripts...

What I don't know is how to convert from ZModeler format to GTA format and vice versa... How do I get existing vehicles into Z3D? How do I get stuff I built in Z3D into GTA? It seems that this step is missing in tutorials. :(

Any and all help will be immensely appreciated!!!

Thanks,

- CK

So I know how to build a car in ZModeler, I know how to skin, I know how to edit scripts...

What I don't know is how to convert from ZModeler format to GTA format and vice versa... How do I get existing vehicles into Z3D? How do I get stuff I built in Z3D into GTA? It seems that this step is missing in tutorials. :(

Any and all help will be immensely appreciated!!!

Thanks,

- CK

I've just been looking into the same sort of thing. The answer is simple... You must register Zmodeler and pay whatever the fee is. Once you do this, you can select Import or Export (under the File menu I think) and one of the formats is GTA-SA. This will import/export objects in .DFF format. If you try this with the unregistered version, the Message window at the bottom will tell you the same thing. That's as far as I got.

If you do register, I'd be interested to know what they're asking for it. Might be worth it...