Hamachi

WRX22B1998

[wikipedia]Hamachi is a centrally-managed zero-configuration virtual private network (VPN) freeware application capable of establishing direct links between computers that are behind NAT firewalls without requiring reconfiguration (in most cases); in other words, it establishes a connection over the Internet that very closely emulates the connection that would exist if the computers were connected over a local area network. Currently available as a production version for Microsoft Windows, and as beta - for Mac OS X and Linux.

Anyone use or have this software. I find its good for playing some online games that generally have no servers in my area (or they are hella slow) because you and a friend both get this, one of you makes a server, then you connect to them via a VPN type thing.

That way you usually dont have to go through USA servers so its a bit quicker.

Got battlefield 2, quake 4, quake 3, nfsu2, bf1942 so if you guys have these games and wanna play this would be the way to go.

I can post server details if any of you are interested. Oh its free, but the free version has a server capacity of 16 people.