WIP Massive forklift

Aleksbmw

Hi all

Here is a shot of my kalmar DC42 container forklift, in alpha testing phase as you can see.

Im having trouble with collision at the moment, this is alot bigger and different than the original so there is quite a bit of work left. and yes it got 6 wheels that spins. I had to make the inner front pair have a wheel_middle name tho.. strange since the steer_rwheel flag makes these turn aswell.. the forksled works also, it got 4 headlights etc. Any tips regarding the collision would be greatly appreciated.

alpha.jpg

Hi all

Here is a shot of my kalmar DC42 container forklift, in alpha testing phase as you can see.

Im having trouble with collision at the moment, this is alot bigger and different than the original so there is quite a bit of work left. and yes it got 6 wheels that spins. I had to make the inner front pair have a wheel_middle name tho.. strange since the steer_rwheel flag makes these turn aswell.. the forksled works also, it got 4 headlights etc. Any tips regarding the collision would be greatly appreciated.

Well, you didn't mention which collisions you're having trouble with exactly but judging from your pic, I can help you with one aspect. The wheels are buried in the pavement because you have to set the collision wheel size. This is found in the 'vehicles.ide' file. Use the example below to see which params you need to adjust.

400,	landstal, 	landstal, 	car, 		LANDSTAL, 	LANDSTK, 	null,	normal, 	10,	0,	0,		-1, 0.94, 0.94,		0

You need to adjust the numbers in the example with the values 0.94. These will get you back on the road - not in it! Experiment with values slightly above or below until your forklift looks right. Try referencing other similar sized vehicle wheels for an idea of what number works. For example, you notice the Bobcat truck's wheels look about the same as yours. Look at what values are used in the 'vehicles.ide' listing for the truck and try them on yours.

Yep i know about that one, i got it to work now. Had to make the wheel much narrower in zmodeler; i tried different values, even putting it in the mtruck category but that made the forks inoperable. Its above the ground now, had a little fun lifting the big trucks.