freeze on load

dannythepetrock

after installing 3 different mods (without backing them up), my game freezes midway through the loading of a save file. im guessing reverting back to the original files would fix this so i'd rrrreally appreciate it if someone could upload/send me backups of the euros, bullet and sabre.

edit: after looking over it i have Version 2. have i fucked up my game, would a reinstall fix this if reverting to backups dont?

Edited by dannythepetrock

You used IMG tools then, I must say it was a bad idea not to backup your files. But if you re-install your whole game, the files will be back to normal :)

EDIT: I see that you edit your post with some more info. If you have v2 you won't be able to install mods without downgrade. If you talking about backups, a re-install will fix this problem. If you can find the backups somewhere you might try that first, google it, if not you should re-install the game.

Ehm...are you using v2, savefiles, after downgrading?

Edited by mutu

Right half way through it freezes? You probably have version 2 of San Andreas. They made that version un-moddable after the Hot Coffee fiasco. But don't fear because you can download the SA downgrader to make it version 1.0 then it should work. I'm betting that is your problem because I have version 2 and it kept freezing like slightly, slightly past halfway when I tried to load a game every time. Downgrader works really well. And takes like 2 seconds. I'd attach it but its 10mb.

I wish I had version 1.0 originally though because I can't seem to upgrade to 1.1 and they let you use the num5 key which you can't use in version 2 or 1. But you can in 1.1