Game crashes when modding cars with Andreas '08 mod

Could you post screenshots of the mod?

Without seeing it, I'm guessing the mod replaces cars & that's your problem. If the cars are replaced, the new ones

aren't made to be modded (TF, LL & WAA) & adding things like exhaust & spoilers caused a conflict that crashed the

game.

The only way to fix that is to re-make the cars so they're compatible & change the models. It would be a bit of a job.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Could you post screenshots of the mod?

Without seeing it, I'm guessing the mod replaces cars & that's your problem. If the cars are replaced, the new ones

aren't made to be modded (TF, LL & WAA) & adding things like exhaust & spoilers caused a conflict that crashed the

game.

The only way to fix that is to re-make the cars so they're compatible & change the models. It would be a bit of a job.

Ya, I can imagine it would be a large job. Would even downloading some cars and trying to mod them cause conflicts?

:rofl2: (Not at you, just been there.)

Oh yeah, errors in the DATA edits, a glitch in the model, conflict w/ other mods, etc.

Suggest you install them one at a time & BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU EDIT for each time. I replaced almost every vehicle

in VC & it took about a month (spare time) to get it working right.

Ok. So if I do find a conflicting thing, what do I do with it? Has anyone ever made an error checker or debugger yet?

well a lot of custom cars wont let you mod at transfender or loco or wheel arch angels..unless it says so in the mod.

theres not really anything you can do, apart from uninstall the mod - or just make sure not to modify those cars in a shop.

u cant really do much about it.

Ok, thanks. It's a real bummer the author doesn't want to continue the mod... does anyone know of any fairly large mods that don't regularly crash the game and include cars?