Wierd Audio Issue! (police looping etc)

d9vx

Ok, its a wierd one.

Its not my install, nor is it my operating system

I have tried this in both vista 64bit SP1 and XP 32Bit SP3, With fresh install from RETAIL Gta Vice city disks.

Same issue everytime... its more of an annoyance than a issue, but lets say u go to a area and kill people u get the police woman voice in background "we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot" but the problem is it loops over and over everytime u kill someone immediatly after, so a quick killing spree results in :

"we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot, we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot, we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot, we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot, we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot, we got a 10 something in <Location>, Suspect on foot"

You get the idea.. Also another issue is you get sometimes as many as 5 police in a row chucking spike strips on the floor one after each other in random directions

neither of these effect game play, there just strange issues id like to get to the end of!

Only explination I can think of is my hardware is too "new" and the way it "calculates" things is "different to old hardware" but thats just some bullS i made up!

(amd x2 5600+, ati hd 3870, 4gb ddr2)

Please if anyone can shine some light on this! I know its a old game, but arguably the best gta :) ... until 4 is out on PC :D:D

Thanks

nope :( Tried this, tried official drivers, beta drivers, microsoft drivers, 32bit drivers, 64bit drivers.... no luck.

Not a issue with sound card, as that wouldnt explain weird police behaviour.. such as 5 officers next to each other throwing spikestrips etc

Any other ideas? just wanna know whats causing this :bashhead:

the problem of too fast gameplay is because of dual core processors (although i have a core 2 duo t5500 and never had problems), but some people say they have problems, so when u start gta vice city, immediately alt tab out, open task manager, find gta_vc.exe right click, and click set affinity, and uncheck cpu 1 so that only cpu 0 is left selected. i know this is for speed problems but maybe this might fix your problem too..

only other thing i could think of is a corrupted file (police.mp3 in audio folder) that has all the radio chatter, and unless someone is gona upload that (its like 10+mb) or you find it yourself. i dont know that theres another way around it. but try the disabling 1 core thing.

keep in mind, you have to do that every time you start gta.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Hello,

Thanks for the CPU1 Turn-off tip, thats useful to know for other issues. Unfortunatly though it did not solve the sound issues that I was having :(

The mp3 was fine, I listened to it in winamp and there were no issues in it from what I could tell.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Thanks for the help so far all.