so many problems

blix

first off i have a great rig i have 4 gigs of ram 8800 gts and a 5600 duelcore proccessor more then enough for this game....i cant take my graphic settings up at all....i mean it wont let me it resets it instantly...then to top it off..the sound cracks.i updated both drivers so idk what else to do.the sound thing is very very annoying.

That's worrying, I have the same graphics card as you but won't get the game until tomorrow. If you've already updated the drivers then I'm not sure what to suggest. There's always the old "reinstall the game" option but I don't think that's the problem here.

You sure you're definitely changing the options? I mean on GTA3 for the PC, you could hover over the option with your mouse, and sue the scroll wheel to change it. However, unless you actually clicked the mouse, it wouldn't change the option and just reset it to what it was previously... I can't remember if this issue was fixed in the later games as I haven't played them for so long. But it's just something I thought of that might be relevant...

Edit your shortcut to look something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -norestrictions

So right click > Properties > add "-norestriction" at the end. That's what i heard on how to be able to max out everything.

EDIT: Expect it to lag though, and I'm not sure about your sound problem. There are lots of issues with the game right now, especially with the ATI drivers. A patch might come real soon.

Edited by Slyde

"C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\LaunchGTAIV.exe" -norestrictions

So right click > Properties > add "-norestriction" at the end. That's what i heard on how to be able to max out everything.

im not so much worried about that as i am the sound i cant understand anything in the game it cracks so bad.using an creative sb audigy 2.

im not so much worried about that as i am the sound i cant understand anything in the game it cracks so bad.using an creative sb audigy 2.

is there an official forum for this game and how do you contact the makers?