Er, how do you use the phone?

:bashhead:

I know this will seem like a stupid question, but I can't figure out how to use the phone in the PC version of GTAIV. And don't tell me I should've searched, because:

A: The search function in this forum is a joke and won't let you search for any word that's less than four characters. What was I supposed to search for? "howe tooo usee thee phone"? :rolleyes:

B: Besides listing the keybinds used to take out/put away the phone, the manual doesn't say anything about actually using it, go figure.

C: The only answers I could find elsewhere on the net referred to console controls which obviously isn't applicable on the PC version when you're using a keyboard&mouse.

So, I have two keys, UP ARROW, which takes the phone out, and BACKSPACE, which puts it away. I changed UP ARROW to \ because I use the arrows for driving. Having taken the phone out, I can use the menu which only contains two options, multiplayer, and video editor. Of the keys I've tried (and believe me, I've tried practically everything) nothing allows me to use the numpad (to dial a number) or go anywhere else in the menu. So tell me, how do you access the phones features? Clearly, it's not exactly obvious.

Edited by MattyDienhoff