Does XP64 make a difference?

Orly

I'm sure there is more support now but its been recommended that if you dont have like 10 reasons to upgrade to a 64bit OS, you might wanna wait a lil while but in the end its totally up to you.. I'm a lil reluctant because I've not had the best experience in trying the 32bit version, but I'd considered an opensource OS 64bit version as sort of a testrun, instead of rushing out to buy MS's expensive 64bit OS's .. Altho w/ 64bit, you not only have your cpu working in that capacity but also you have a new memory allocation, I think for diff 64bit versions of windows, they offer like up to 8GB, 16GB, 128GB memory limits, instead of the eleged "3.3GB" limitation on 32bit ...

I had considered it myself but I did wonder about the support for 64bit.. Something else interesting to learn is that our multi-core cpu's are not being used to their fullest IF the software we use is not written for multi-thread optimization .. That is where several threads can be handled at once, instead of the way a normal cpu w/ out this function works, just processing one thread at a time. I'm not sure if the benefit of a multi-core cpu w/ each cpu able to handle one thread at a time but each cpu at a slower speed, than a single processor, it may balance out, its proly debatable.. I would think multi-core is still best cuz usually you have have multiple caches not on just on a single cpu but then if you have 2 or more cpus each w/ multiple caches.. I'd think your overall total processing power is much better .. I don know an engineer could clear it up ..