Heatsink

_Ray

Can anybody recommend a good Socket 775 compatible Heatsink for cheap? (Like, under $50, or $40 is possible (my PC budget was $2,000, and I'm at probably over $2,100, but I have a hard time letting go of the really good deals I've obtained :hurrhurr: (1TB Hard Drive for $100, 64 bit Vista for $100, 1GB NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT for $150, etc.)))

I would like it to be quiet, and do a good job cooling.

The only reason I'm asking this is because I've heard that the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550's heat sink is shit, running at average over 70 degrees Celsius. :cry:

Preferred Stats:

Under $50 (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING OVER $55) (Under 40 is better)

Under 30dBa (This is the first thing I'd drop if unable to find anything, noise is not a big priority for me. And not like over 30 would be loud anyway.....)

Can Keep the CPU under 55 Celsius during a 3.0GHz overclock and under heavy load. (From 2.83)

Compatible with my Core 2 Quad Q9550 Processor (Socket LGA775) and this motherboard (ATX Form Factor): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813128358

Blue LED's would be sweet.....

Adjustable Fan Speed (Turn it up under heavy gaming, down under web surfing, etc.)

From Newegg, and Free Shipping, otherwise keep price under $35.

Edited by raybob95

The Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is probably the best bang for buck CPU cooler on the market right now and pretty inexpensive. It's only $2 over budget but you get free shipping so that's not bad.

Overbudget??? It's only $37!! (I said 50 MAX, 35 if not free shipping)

And it's exactly what I needed (Other than the blue LEDs :whistle: ) (doesn't really matter :lolbounce: ), but its cheap, good air flow, great warranty, good reviews, free shipping, quiet, adjustable fan, etc.

Thanks Don!

(Man, I suck at finding this stuff..... <_< )

P.S., are you sure it's compatible with the Core 2 Quad? (Also with the mobo and PSU you selected?) (Sorry, I'm not good with this stuff)

I assume it is because it fits the same socket type, but it doesn't say the Core 2 Quad.

QUOTE:

All Intel Celeron (Socket 775)

All Intel Pentium 4 (Socket 775)

All Intel Pentium D

All Intel Core 2 Duo

Core 2 Extreme Quad

And man, so much for my $2k budget.

I figured, depending on tax, shipping costs, etc., the whole PC and all accessories, etc., could be as high as $2,200.

Edited by raybob95