PC Problems

_Ray

LOL, third topic in a row, no more after this. :D

But anyway, I've been having major problems with my PC lately. (Thank God I'm getting a new one soon) I am fearing that either my CPU or HDD are beginning to fail, and I know for a fact that my PSU is getting old, which may be the reason for all these faliures. My HDD has been getting progressively louder and slower. All the programs I run are saying that it is fine though. However, I tend to have a knack of predicting these things. Here is a pic of my HDD, SpeedFan, and CPUZ Information. DXDiag Info is also uploaded here. LOL, as I am sitting here uploading to Photobucket and uploading a .TXT to here, it's freezing. Just for extra info, my PC has become so slow at booting, that I am forced to hibernate it every time instead of shutting it down.

DxDiag.txt

NewBitmapImage-7.jpg

I had run an Error check, and got 40% of the way through Green before my PC reset itself, but was too lazy to do it again. :P

As you can see, my HDD was painfully slow, even with nothing other than a few background processes running. And apparently I must have been right about something, because shortly after capturing that photo, my PC reset itself. Then, 45 minutes later, it reset itself again. What is weird about it resetting itself is that the boot screen shows only my Mobo and IDE info, but doesn't show the Memory or CPU information, yet boots anyway. My HDD is a Samsung SP0802N running at ATA100. 20 minutes later, it reset itself again, and this time, when Windows began to boot it gave me this error:

Photo0244.jpg

The print is very small, so I wrote down the important information. MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION ***STOP: 0X0000009C (0X00000004, 0X80546E70, 0XB2000000, 0X00070FOF) I reset the computer like it said, and booted up fine and normal, but I have NEVER had anything like this happen before, and don't know what to make of it. EDIT: Fuck that whole thing, the Pic looks fine on here. :thumbsup:

That pic is very weird though, because I didn't remove or add any hardware. Perhaps my HDD was having another problem.

As for my memory being weird, after using my PC for a period of time, when I boot shortly after shutting it down, the BIOS takes nearly 20 seconds to detect my memory. Windows constantly gives me a Virtual Memory Too Low warning.

Now for the CPU. My CPU runs standard at 9x200 MHz. I have had it at a stable OC of 9x223 MHz. (Ran ORTHOS for 8 hours before I stopped it) It only got as high as 53.2 Degrees Celsuis. The norm w/o OC is 38. With the voltage at 1.55, it's 43. With the Voltage and OC, it's normally 44.5. CPU-Z saw the voltage as fluctuating between 1.552, and 1.568V. Before my PC first reset itself, SpeedFan told me that my CPU fan was at 4100 RPM. Highest Ever. I had never before seen it over 3475, or below 3125. My CPU cannot get over 9x225 MHz without not passing the POST. Part of this could be becasue it also OC's my AGP and PCI from 33/66 to 37/74. Just to make this clear, tha standard voltage is 1.5, I have it at 1.55.

Now for what I think is the problem causing all this, the PSU. From the picture above, some of the voltages are very weird, and the +12V is a bit low. I've seen it as low as 11.68, and things such as the Second +5V, the -5V, and the -12V are just crazy, and have been even weirder than that before. I have a 350W PSU from 2005. Also, related to the PSU or not, I find it necessary to mention that once powering off the PC, you cannot power on without waiting 20 seconds, or you will see a white, pink, and dark green striped screen, and a PC that didn't pass the POST, yet didn't make any beeps. Though SpeedFan said only 1 fan was working, I happen to know for a fact that my 2 system fans and PSU fan are all turning at full speed.

So, my PC has been having many problems lately, from all hardware, and I don't know what the central cause is, if there even is one. However, my Hunch tells me that it is my PSU screwing up my motherboard, and thus fucking everything else. If anybody out here has any suggestions to get this stuff to stop (Namely the self resetting, which can't be my CPU overclock, as it ran ORTHOS for 8 hours) please let me know, and also please explain to me what that failed boot meant.

If you guys need any more information, just ask.

Thanks,

Raybob

Edited by raybob95