Lock on reticle file?

Guilty Spark

Can someone help me out in finding the txd that controls the look of the reticle that appears when you lock onto a target? I would like to change the txd to make it more like GTA IV. Thanks for any and all help.

@Deji: Uhm, no, it's not hardcoded...

You can find the reticle image in the file called 'particle.txd' that's located in [Drive]:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models. Open it with TxdWorkshop and you'll find 3 images associated with aiming. They are: target256, lockonFire, and lockon. I think the one you want is the lockonFire texture. Depending on what you're going to replace it with, you might want to mod the lockon texture too. This is because the lockonFire rotates inside the other one and it might look goofy otherwise.

Hope this helps!

@Deji: Uhm, no, it's not hardcoded...

You can find the reticle image in the file called 'particle.txd' that's located in [Drive]:\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\models. Open it with TxdWorkshop and you'll find 3 images associated with aiming. They are: target256, lockonFire, and lockon. I think the one you want is the lockonFire texture. Depending on what you're going to replace it with, you might want to mod the lockon texture too. This is because the lockonFire rotates inside the other one and it might look goofy otherwise.

I assumed he meant the green triangle that appears above a persons head when you aim at them... Which is hardcoded. These files are all to do with aiming with a heatseeking weapon (launchers and aircrafts). If the green triangle really isn't hardcoded, please tell me where it is... I've been looking to get rid of that :P

I assumed he meant the green triangle that appears above a persons head when you aim at them... Which is hardcoded. These files are all to do with aiming with a heatseeking weapon (launchers and aircrafts). If the green triangle really isn't hardcoded, please tell me where it is... I've been looking to get rid of that :P

When the guy said "lock on to a target" I assumed this is what he was after... As for the green triangle, I'm not sure about that at all. In fact, in my game, I don't even see a green triangle - maybe because I might have auto-aim turned on or something like that. It's been quite awhile since I've played with any game options. At any rate, I wouldn't doubt the triangle IS hardcoded - similar to the yellow ENEX triangle.

When the guy said "lock on to a target" I assumed this is what he was after... As for the green triangle, I'm not sure about that at all. In fact, in my game, I don't even see a green triangle - maybe because I might have auto-aim turned on or something like that. It's been quite awhile since I've played with any game options. At any rate, I wouldn't doubt the triangle IS hardcoded - similar to the yellow ENEX triangle.

Yea, the triangle isn't in the options nor is autoaim. If you have a controller then that's probably the reason for autoaim being on.

I wish I could get rid of that damn thing or make it smaller. But I guess that's a whole different topic. :P