GTA IV slow problem only when I touch the keyboard controls

Detroa

Hello,

I have a weird problem with GTA IV: the benchmark and cutscenes run fine, when the game start, everything is still fine until I push a button on the keyboard to start the car, there it become very slow, it lags a lot but when I release the button, it stops lagging, even if the car is still moving: the problem only happens when I push any action buttons.

I never had any problem like this, every other games run perfectly fine.

Does anyone have an idea of where the problem comes from?

My computer:

Windows 7

Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition (2x3.1Ghz)

G.Skill 4GB DDR3 RAM dual channel

Gigabyte GeForce 250 GTS 1GB

Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Thanks in advance

Edited by Detroa

Thanks for your reply.

I have a Logitech Elite, I never had any problem with it and I'm pretty sure the problem has nothing to do with it.

I didn't run any compatibility mode and I tried a lot of different settings from the highest to the lowest and nothing changed beside the framerate result of benchmark but it was good each time.

I can't post the benchmark anymore since I have a new problem:

I uninstalled the game and tried to reinstall it, hoping it would solve the problem, but now, I can't install it anymore, it gives me a error message (Error Code: -5001 : 0xffffec75) everytime I try to install it.

I tried to remove anything related to GTA IV (RGSC, C++ thingy...) then reinstall everything but nothing changed. I copied the files on my hard drive to try to install from there, didn't work either, I'm totally lost and I'm starting to think of returning the game and use my money to buy a real working game.

Edited by Detroa

• 2 months later...

There is a feature in the NVidia Control Panel that you may use to optimize your driver for this game if there is a response in delay from your mouse, keyboard or gamepad/joystick.