Removing Patches/Language Help!

newbie4life

Greeting Everyone!

My name is jon and this is my first post here, i apologize if members prefer introductions in another sub-forum.

I have been a GTA player since the beginning and have been blown away with each passing volume.

I recently discovered a version of GTA SA on my pc.

It seems to have a few modding programs but the entire game is modded.

First and biggest problem I'm having is that the game is in Russian. But its not a Russian version, I think someone modded the English text to be Russian as I have tried to change the language and even when its in spanish there is still Russian titles and pop ups.

I didn't really play it much as I cant map the controller due to not understanding Russian, but there are other mods like a super weird speedometer (in kph) and a gas gauge.

There are modded cars in the game but I really am preferring if possible to remove all the patches and mods so that I learn to mod the game myself to my own specifications and taste.

I believe the mod was created by "M3 Power", a bmw logo appears when the game first starts, followed by a video intro from the rap group onyx, then there is a menu with 3 options with a picture of a tricked out honda, the other menus feature pictures from the movie 2fast2furious (wtf?), but like I said I think that the English option is listed in the menu but when selected displays Russian.

I own two copies for this game, just not on pc, so I would REALLY appreciate if anyone could help me out and tell me if there is a possibal way of returning the program to its default state.

The program has 2 other folders outside the game folder, one folder titled:Разные виды меню и BMW лоадскрины; another titled:Сохранения.

Thanks in advance to the bad assed programmers that have made this game into the ultimate game, I haven't really looked into the gta modding scene since vice city, I can't believe whats out there now!! The cars look amazing and some of the graphic patches for gta sa are really good!

I'm going to play around with swapping around files to see if that works in the meantime.

Well for something that seemed so simple to fix it took me all night to figure it out.

I noticed this same question asked elsewhere and nobody ever responded with an answer so heres how I figured it out.

The version that I and I think others have is a jacked up russain version.

Simply replacing the .gxt file doesnt work.

It orginally comes with 2 languages russian(i think) and spanish.

I replaced the american.gxt file 3 times and the thurd time I replaced it 3 other languages showed up but the english was still stuck on russian.

So I found a complete langauge .gxt pack and switched it

Then I replaced the fonts.txd file with an alternate english fonts.txd file.

After ALL of that it worked!

Now getting familier with gta modding I think it would be impossible to revert the mods back to default without downloading the orginal program files.

So if anyone else is new to gta modding realize that I had ZERO experience and no clue what I was doing and was able to fix my own problem so with a little effort and time I think any problem can be worked out without help.

Thanks again.

Instantly, alot of people would jump on this and say 'Pirate' etc.

However.

I bought a copy of the game off eBay, and though I don't suspect it was pirated (full Hertzgovinian(?) game manual :/) it was as you describe. ( I bought it so I could have a moddable V1 of the game, in the period after V2's release and a downgrader.)

It orginally comes with 2 languages russian(i think) and spanish.

Though mine also had English, handily. Didn't have the crazy Russian boy racer mods either, but I suspect they have used the aforementioned build of the game upon which to base their mod.

My honest, honest advice? Amazon.

Wait, holy shit, it's 20 bucks...still....

I digress. Basically, that version of the game you have with the mod installed will not have the capacity to be returned to an original state, as many of the original files will have been swapped out.

If it's in your means, i'd have a look around eBay for a standard, used PC version. A shitload of people have probably bought it, ripped it, and will sell it for a couple bucks to get a bit back. Failing that, the Games platform Steam (not sure how big a gamer you are, if you've heard of it) sell it for a solid 10 bucks, and Direct2drive should be roughly the same.