At What File Size Does The "Taxi Bug" Kick In?

uberg33k

I was decided to add new cars one by one, and I mean literally one by one. Add a car run the game and look for the dreaded Taxi Bug. I eventually got the bug in full force around the 180MB mark. Have others experienced this happening at a similar img file size?

Also, is there a such thing as a minor Taxi Bug? I noticed that sometimes towards me getting closer to that larger final file size that it seemed at first the bug was in effect but then I'd see a bus and some other cars etc. so I thought I was good. Does anyone know if it slowly starts bugging out after every car you add or does it just click on when the file size reaches something too large?

Thanks in advance. Love your forum by the way, very helpful. :)

Thanks for your comments.

Not sure what you mean by file size. I never did much modding of GTA IV but I was under the impression that this bug was to do with the number of cars you had modded, rather than any sizes. I think some people made patches to load lots of car models into memory on starting the game which would fix it, but sometimes doing this would cause the game to crash.

Did you check any GTAForums threads about this? This one for example: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=464013&st=0

Hey thanks for the reply. I was referring to the vehicle.img file itself. It's default around 84MB and as you add modded vehicles the size grows exponentially. I got the taxi bug at around 180MB. I head that it is the case but I wanted to see if anyone else did this to see if there is a magic number of sorts before the taxi bug kIcks in.