GTA IV APPCRASH

Hello, I have recently got GTA IV (4). I have modded the game with some car mods, God Mode, ASI Trainer and a zombie mod. The game works well when you do not activate zombie mod, but when you do activate it after a couple of seconds the game crashes with the following error:

APPCRASH
  Application Name:    GTAIV.exe
  Application Version:    1.0.7.0
  Application Timestamp:    4bd9efbe
  Fault Module Name:    GTAIV.exe
  Fault Module Version:    1.0.7.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4bd9efbe
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    007493d5
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    fea7
  Additional Information 2:    fea78afc140967119290cc27385e0510
  Additional Information 3:    20ce
  Additional Information 4:    20ce3e492a2aa7e5b8cfe9b7b1f05b42

Computer Specs are in the attachment.

post-116809-0-30153100-1415231412_thumb.png

8GB sys Ram is overkill for a game dated 2007, IIRC, and though Core i3 in Sandy Bridge, Ivy, or Haswell should perform above most all Core2Duo previous gen, I think a 64bit system can also be a detriment .

You know XP is not supported online, but keep a system free and clear of other non Gaming apps, and use that, and remember XP will most likely work fine regardless of end of Support, which is mainly to keep everyone on the same page in the Online environment, where there is bridging software at work, like Silverlight and Net Framework.

A gaming computer won't need AntiVirus and other apps like browsers (multiples on most people's machines), if you're looking to streamline performance you want to have as few things running outside the game as possible. It also eliminates problem areas by not having things that could be causing those problems on your HDD.

If you would normally have a dual boot type setup to tackle this, consider a Solid State added drive just for gaming. I'd been swapping multiple HDDs from one laptop for some time, it's always handy to do it that way, and only requires you keep a precision screw driver in your laptop case

Edited by BlackListedB