Hell On Wheels signed to one last Season (AMC)

BlackListedB

American Movie Classic cable network, Their original series have proved very well received, and the promise has been that Hell On Wheels current season, extended to one final episode as of this writing, will, in their words "All Hell Breaks Loose!"... Season 5, like the current season of Madman will be the last, and sadly, all too soon, The Walking Dead reaches mid-Season finale.

I'm enjoying all new episodes, but perhaps the branching off series will be announced, or Halt and Catch Fire will return after it's first season.

There was talk that The Walking Dead would return in an offshoot in another part of the post-Walker-apocalypse and that a new cast of survivors would face different challenges as a result, at least that was my impression, but I think it seems short now because of the amount of work required to do Walking Dead special effects and action per episode. 

The challenges would be multiplied with a spin off of the same caliber.

Hell On Wheels didn't initially interest me, but once you start watching, you find you're often drawn to the particular characters and setting. The return of Westerns as well to AMC has bolstered the period piece appeal. Just a heads up that the series will be concluding it seems, so you may want to see about marathon viewing of the series as AMC plans to do with Madmen.

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/amc-renews-hell-on-wheels-for-a-fifth-and-final-season

There was talk that The Walking Dead would return in an offshoot in another part of the post-Walker-apocalypse and that a new cast of survivors would face different challenges as a result, at least that was my impression, but I think it seems short now because of the amount of work required to do Walking Dead special effects and action per episode. 

The challenges would be multiplied with a spin off of the same caliber.

I hate to derail this thread, but the TWD spinoff is still on as of this past October 30th.

http://www.jbgnews.com/2014/10/the-walking-deads-spin-off-series-gets-a-director/303206.html

I'm sure they're waiting for the right time to promote them, as the main series are still only promoted after an episode airs if not a half week till the next airing. The interesting thing I think has been the graphic novel / comic book series inspiring The Walking Dead and the Writer's Room episode that also appeared on AMC shedding some light on how that was seen to coincide with the TV series.... and the original idea behind both as espoused by Robert Kirkman, series creator, who was guest

The thing about that is most people might not have seen the comics, and the relation between them has some effects unseen by viewers or readers of just one version. But they might never know, much like watching The Talking Dead and your own interpretations, I don't always concur with their findings, but it's still found to be insightful

Edited by BlackListedB