BB joins the Great Gig in the Sky

BB King... aka Blues Boy, has sadly passed on, PBS station giving more to the story then I first heard informing of his demise.

BB King has been an institution of American Blues guitar and vocals. He was not only big in stature, but MASSIVE in influence. Words of reflection in the news by way of Facebook and Twitter came from Eric Clapton, Mike McCready (of Pearl Jam), and others, but the good side is his tenacity at performing and setting an enduring example and influence.

He lived to the age of 89, and for several month was off the road suffering from the effects of his diabetes. He was in hospice and died in his sleep.

I expect a number of tributes, and I'd expect all guitarists to have some feelings on the matter. In his book, Don Felder told of seeing BB King ... just barely, in the 1960s, at the end of the decade, if memory serves, and the large influence it had on him... Not only was Don Felder a key Eagles guitarist for many years in their heyday, but he ALSO TAUGHT a young Tom Petty guitar!