San andreas deluxe

Strike9

It's a pet project of mine to try to expand san andreas in a way that makes it look as if it was intended.

First off I started with the basics, I added a bunch of cars.  Most of which are derivatives of cars already in the game. Such as a civilian lvpd car, or a romero sedan. Some are vice city models, and LCS or VCS models. Preferably vice city models if I can help it.  The rio is also added, but I have never seen it spawn. As well as a Stardust house boat, which I thought was a cool mod and just  had to add to the game. Which is also the explanation for why I added a tempo matador, I just liked the mod. 

Some models are replaced with better ones, such as the shamal and dodo have been replaced with colourable versions. Where the differences weren't enough to justify creating another model. 

All the added cars share handling with pre-existing car, because of a limitation where I can't figure out how to add custom handling (The game doesn't read any lines added to the file. ) I think I had a mod that allowed this, but the added cars would then be silent. 

Furthermore some spawn points were added, such as an andromada now spawns in the LV airport, off to the side of the runway, where it fits pretty well, and an added in ufo spawns in area 69 in front of a garage. The ufo shares it's handling with the sparrow, but that is all. You can still find the sparrow in its usual places. All added vehicles have custom gxt entries and sound sets that were thought to be appropriate for them.

Future plans:

Add more cars, until I quite possibly can't add any more. I think I will run out of space in the car.grp file first, rather than ids.

I really want to add more myths, like bigfoot and leatherface, dessert serial killer. which will probably just be aggresive peds that have high health and spawn points in the middle of nowhere. 

Like bigfoot spawns in the middle of the forrest and wanders around, running from the player if seen.

Leatherface spawns with a chainsaw at midnight and trys to kill the player, 

the dsk spawns in arco del oeste at midnight and tries to kill player with country rifle. 

Minor map modifications.

I don't want to interfer with the storyline in anyway, I still want the game to be playable, just extended. 

Questions:

I got an airtrain added in that crashes the game when entering, does anybody have a mod for this plane that works? It's sharing it's handling with the at-400. It only crashes when trying to enter it it will spawn and sit perfectly without threatening the integrity of the game.

Is it possible to add trains?

Is it possible to add custom audio without replacing anything pre existing? I think it would be cool if the ufo had custom sound effects, and that's litterally the only thing I want it for at this moment.  Although, maybe custom sounds for bigfoot\leatherface\dsk down the road would be interesting too.

Is it possible to add custom weapons? 

Is it possible to add spawn points for custom vehicles\peds by using a cleo script,  without editing the game files so I don't have to start a new save every time I do so? Or do I have to do that even with a script?

Edited by Strike9

Ok the airtrain has been replaced with another model that works properly, except it has no doors. anyway, with the fixing of one issue comes more.

I figured out how to create spawn points for cars using a cleo script, however this has one limitation in that I can't spawn vehicles  that have an id outside of a certain range. Apparently this number is 614, anything higher than that the script will ignore. allthough those vehicles can be spawned naturally in traffic by adding them to the cargrp file. I don't know if lower ids will work. But the UFO is 612 and the airtrain is 613, so they can be spawned. Everything else at this point is 186XX.

Edited by Strike9

• 2 weeks later...