Armalite AR-10A4

FN SCAR-H DMR

M14 DMR

M1 Socom II

M8 DMR

Here are some ideas for replacing the Sniper Rifle:

H&K MSG90

H&K SL9SD

and thats what I have in head so far. what I think someone should do, is give me a list (as a reply here) and I will reply to you, and tell you which one is better for which category.

also, I wanna know which parts on the Weapon.dat file to edit to silence a sniper rifle, or the SMG (I have the P90)

also, if there is an MP5SD6, I would like a link to that.

I wanna know which parts on the Weapon.dat file to edit to silence a sniper rifle, or the SMG

Well Lets see here you want to edit the sniper rifle right -

Well considering SMG stands for Sub Machine Gun --- It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what one to edit

Edited by tx3000

nobody has replied here. that is sad. now, which part of the Weapon.dat file do I want to change to make the MP5 silent?

Sorry I misunderstood what you were asing. I read it a little too fast and thought you were asking which one was the sniper rifle the mps or sniper rifle...Don't ask how I got that out of what you asked?

To answer part of you're question, the weapon.dat I believe only controls the damage, how you hold it, how many rounds, things like that. I do not belive the weapon.dat controls the sound...I beleive the sound is controled by another file just like the sounds for vehicle mods you download

As for what file controls the sound...Sorry I cannot help you there

I could be wrong about this but I don't think I am

Edited by tx3000

well, since I am not going to risk screwing things up, I am going to go back to the original point.

who has (or knows where to find) the stuff on my "wishlist" or am I asking too much? I sometimes do that. then again, I think some of you out there already have models that can easily turn into the weapons I am talking about.

also, there are plenty of other weapons to make. I can even tell you what they can replace if you are unable to add without deleting others.

M8, should replace the M4

the M468 can replace the AK

the FN SCAR should replace the coresponding caliber (the L is the 5.56 [m4] the H is the 7.62 [the AK])

the M82 would replace the sniper

the M8 DMR would replace the Cuntgun

the USAS can replace the shotgspaz

the MP7 can replace the MicroSMG

the M8 Compact can replace the MP5lng

you see where this is going? if anyone with their own editable files wants me to give them guidance on what can be shaped into what, then let me know.

great example- the soviet weapons pack, one of the weapons looks like a soviet G36. it can easily turn into the M8 with the right rounding and texturing.

also, someone can make a mod with multiple variants of a custom SOPMOD M4, and AK 100 series (keeping them in seperate folders in the mod folder.

I Just got an idea now on silencing weapons

What I would do is start by looking at how the silenced 9mm is configured in the weapon.dat file

Then

I would experiement with editing the lines of code in the weapon you want silenced with the same type of info until you get a result......If the 9mm is sileneced, then any weapon can be sileneced

The golden rule of modding anything is this...if its in the game then it can be done and or added and or subrtacted to anything else in the game...Its just a matter of being able to pull it off