GTA not loading?

ej_06GTA

Hi all, first off, forgive me if someone has already asked this ( i searched the forums and nothing was found) anyway, well i just bought GTA SA today for PC obviously and I installed a few replacements for the cars using SAMI, and I went to load the game and it gets to half way and just stops. The music still plays but i left it for about 40 minutes and was still there. I really dont know what to do. Can anyone help? :erm:

try loading again, if you get the same prob then take the mods out and try others, simpel. If that doesn't work, then give your system specs.

I just tried to reload and i got the same thing, I have taken off all the mods and still not loading..

My specs are

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz

512MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce FX5200

Is there anything else you need to know?

The game crashed probably because of the mods, reinstall it

If i re install, would you recommend I install the mods after I start the game or something?..

I just reinstalled, and its working fine, thanks for your help.

ok, hi again. I reinstalled and put a different mod on, and it just crashed again. I mean, im not going over the top with the mods but it just dont seem to be able to load it. does anybody know what might be wrong?

If i re install, would you recommend I install the mods after I start the game or something?..

I just reinstalled, and its working fine, thanks for your help.

ok, hi again. I reinstalled and put a different mod on, and it just crashed again. I mean, im not going over the top with the mods but it just dont seem to be able to load it. does anybody know what might be wrong?

Yes I do. If the game is crashing its because of one or a combination of the following:

1) You are not deleting you're catche

2) You are using mods that are already converted to GTA III or VC in SA without converting them 1st

3) You are trying to use the wrong version mods in the wrong version game

4) You somehow managed to put the wrong .img file into SA

5) A file or files in the data folder is edited wrong or its not edited at all

6) You are not manualling installing them and using the installer to do so

7) You are missing a file somewhere and don't know it

Thats All I can think of off the top of my head

you're problem most likely lies at on of these four: 1, 2, 3, or 5

Let us know what happens

If you bought the game recently then you've got version 2.0. Version 2.0 is unmoddable. You'll need to downgrade.

None of the 7 points mentioned by tx3000 above have anything to do with your problem. Search google for a downgrader.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I tried tx3000 and none of them seemed to work so i have just installed the downgrader, I will let you know how it goes...wish me luck :)

If you bought the game recently then you've got version 2.0. Version 2.0 is unmoddable. You'll need to downgrade.

None of the 7 points mentioned by tx3000 above have anything to do with your problem. Search google for a downgrader.

Hi, sorry for the delay, I tried tx3000 and none of them seemed to work so i have just installed the downgrader, I will let you know how it goes...wish me luck :)

YES, it works! I installed the downgrader (backed up the files of course :P ) And now its working, the mods are perfect!!!! Thanks Chris for the tip on the downgrader, genius!!

OK, now another problem!! I installed the downgrader and the game was working fine, all of a sudden, i went to load the game back up and it gets half way and it crashes, goes off and i get a microsoft error report. damn, this isnt going to well! what can it be this time?? :(

Chris why and how are saying that not one of my 7 points don't have to do with his problem. Even though point 3 does have something to do with his problem and covers the answer you gave.

3) You are trying to use the wrong version mods in the wrong version game

HMM looks like number 3 covers what you mentioned Chris

So why are you saying nothing I said covers this aspect of it?

Where did you get that from?

I don't get you people sometimes?

Edited by tx3000