I want to drive modded cars but i dont know how help

PopLockingRoach

I really dont know why sometimes some mods just dont work.The same thing happen to me when I first tried to install a car, even though I ''downgradaded''.So what I did (and usually always do) was reinstall the game, then after that, woala!!, It magically worked.Even the CAMERA HACK started functioning (wich it never did before the reinstall).Dont even worry about losing your saved game data if you reinstall, that file is located somewhere else, and does not get deleted. If that doesnt work, maybe your not installing the hummer correctly? I assume you got the sammy mod installer. BTW its the best mod installer :yup:

I really dont know why sometimes some mods just dont work.The same thing happen to me when I first tried to install a car, even though I ''downgradaded''.So what I did (and usually always do) was reinstall the game, then after that, woala!!, It magically worked.Even the CAMERA HACK started functioning (wich it never did before the reinstall).Dont even worry about losing your saved game data if you reinstall, that file is located somewhere else, and does not get deleted. If that doesnt work, maybe your not installing the hummer correctly? I assume you got the sammy mod installer. BTW its the best mod installer :yup:

well not exactly im not a modder i just downloaded a moded hummer to drive in the game and i dont know what to do ive downloaded it now were do i put it? i dont know which file to put it in.

well not exactly im not a modder i just downloaded a moded hummer to drive in the game and i dont know what to do ive downloaded it now were do i put it? i dont know which file to put it in.

Like Timmy said you may have installed it wrong especially if you used the SAMI it is a good installer but i recommend manually installing because the SAMI sometimes does not work for different reasons, usually because the specific file you are tryin to install does not hav ethe necessary Sami install script to tell the program what to do with the file .. :bashhead: So in that event its like giving some one the parts to a space shuttle and no instructions on how to build it ;)

Now you that weve established that in order to get goin you are gonna need to open it up (The Hummer file) and in order to do that you need an img tool,so go and search it out on the site if you dont already have it. img 2.0 or spark either will work i usually use the img 2.0. once you have that you will follow the readme inside your DLed file on how to intall the TXD and DFF files **be sure to back up wut ever you change(ie: the TXD and DFF files) that is a must i would not ignore that advice if i were you..

Once you have done that inside you should find a couple of lines of data for handling config and carcols data. you will need to copy and paste said lines (handling and carcols) into their corresponding folders within the C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\data\ folder once all that is done you should be able to find you car in the game where ever the specific car it will replace would have been,according to which car it replaces,determines the frequency it shows up in game. you can change that by downloading a car spawn program if you like, that way you can check to see if you did it right without waitin for it to just show up.

Bear in mind that all that is dependant upon the very first question you were asked in the first reply : what version do you have and have you successfully downgraded it if you do in fact have a v.2 game..Because none of this hotness you will find on this site will work with a v.2 game :nope: (for the most part)

Ohh and by the way,REINSTALL is usually a "cure all" but should only be used as a last resort :coolthumbup: Unless you dont mind doin it over and over again it kinda like SHOOTING your Dawg to get rid of the FLEAS :weird: Ya feel me? Any way hopefully that helps and good luck..

Edited by Rakim

• 5 weeks later...