Transfender Modding

Metallix6403

Ok, Ive been serching for a bit but really havent found a clear answer just yet :blink: .

My question is in regards to the mods under carmods.dat.

I have multiple modded cars installed and when I mod some of them, like putting a hood vent or fogs on , the game sometimes freezes and shuts down.

From what Ive seen and read, and please correct me if Im wrong, all I have to do is just remove the moddification in the carmods.dat for that specific car and the option shouldnt even appear on the transfender menu.

The same should go for an addidtion of a mod if I just add it on the list, it should appear on the in game menu.

Finally, and I have no clue how to do this one but how do you change the avalible car colors found in the transfender color pallet?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hey guys thanks for the responses,

Ive been answering my own questions since yesterday after messin around with the files :P .

I should have known about the car mods since that was pretty easy :bashhead: but Im still workin on the car colors.

It turns out that that the colors that you find in transfender are not put in any particular order. What Im sayin is that the colors that apear arent the #0-64 colors. They are actually all over the place like one being # 112 and another being 45 right next to it :blink: . Im gonna mess around abit and find out which numbers actually are used in transfender.

So in other words you cant change the numbers that transfender uses but you can change the colors assosiated with those choices.

Ill post later on with an excel sheet that shows the color # : space for the transfender and other mod shop pallets :D .

Thanks again for the posts!