Is there any way...?

Matt J

G'day,

Just wondering, is there any way to control how frequently a car appears? I just finished a custom car and I'm really happy with it. I put it on top of the Alpha, which I thought was a fairly rare car. But every time I jump in to go for a drive it seems like I see them everywhere.

My question is, is there any way to control what cars appear, or at least how frequently?

Thanks,

Matt.

Not really, there are loads of different inbuilt factors that determine how often a car shows up. These mainly include location and time of day, although sometimes you suddenly see loads of vehicles that you haven't seen for weeks. Chances are the next time you go on, you won't be able to find them anywhere.

Your best bet is waiting it out, or if you really don't want to see it much you could replace it with a car that only spawns in certain locations. The airport vehicles only spawn at the airport, and you don't find monster trucks in the middle of San Fierro. If you manage to get hold of a super-rare car (like the hotring racers) or even if you spawn one using a trainer, that would make sure you won't see anyone else driving round in your custom-made ride.

To actually go through and modify how often a car appears would be tricky, although I daresay you could alter the vehicles.ide to determine which group of cars it belongs to - I think that is responsible for making trucks appear near the docks, and family cars in residential areas etc.

Yeah, the Euros is imported, right?

I would do that, but the thing is, it's the kind of car it is that's the problem. The car I coded was an Aston Martin DB9. I got the model from grandtheftauto.fr and it was really good, but it handled like absolute bollocks. So I spent days playing around with the handling stats, teaching myself how to do it. So now it's a six speed, rear wheel drive, perfectly balanced Aston Martin DB S. My problem is the only way I can get the right sound is if I replace the Buffalo, the Infernus or the Alpha - they seem to be the only ones with the sound file I want.

Is there any way to change car's sound files, so for example the Euros would have the sound file of the Buffalo?

Thanks,

Matt.

PS. Attached a photo. It's truly the dream car.

post-10141-1176164840_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt J

The euros is a stock car that spawns in only one place in the entire game.(or you can import export MAYBE) Post a map later if i can be bothered... :P

It's sporty sounding, the high-revving sports engines. I will compare to the infernus...

Not sure about the handling though. Tell you what, i'll be back with a car review, and a map of where to find it in a few ticks.

EDIT: OK, i'm back. Neither the Euros Nor The Phoenix makes the sam sound as the infernus, buffalo, or alpha.

But i can't really help you now. Sorry. Dont know shit about modding... :mellow:

Wont include a euros map, it's useless now anyways... :P

EDIT AGAIN: Ok, tried various other rides, none with the right soundset, had fun test driving nonetheless... :P

BTW: i use a V12 Vanquish, to replace the comet, the sound seems to fit well, and it's the same sound given by the euros and phoenix. But i dunno, you'll have to try it out and see how it feels with the DBS...

Edited by MrLlamaLlama