plenty of modding and weapon relivances

LoneWolf62798003

I downloaded the ultimate editor, but I cant get it to find the weaponstat files properly. does anyone know how to get it to work?

also, I need to know of anyone has a better thing to replace the M4 that isnt the M4. I know that people have M16's and ridiculous stuff, but I want other good stuff. I know weapons well, people who have read my posts know this fact already.

also, if there is someone who has an M4 looking weapon that is meant to link to the AK47 slot, it can be an M468. its a 6.8mm weapon which fires so well.

also, I think I know a way to add more weapons without replacing. I am going to talk to Grim on this, but I think I know a way. if anyone else has the means and better understanding on how, this is what I think needs to happen.

first, extra names and spaces need to be added to the shopping and weapon files. the shopping files (i think) tell you what will be sellable where, and how many things are sellable. its just a matter of labeling the new weapon files to match what the game will look for when it reads the IMG file in gameplay. I will test this shit out, and hopefully so will others. I really think this will work, but I dont know how to do this for myself. and, if I were to upload it, it likely wouldnt get posted. I tried before.

if there is an editor for shopping files that will allow me to add slots and spaces, can anyone post a link? if anyone knows how to make a system that should become universal for anyone trying to make more weapons.

we also need to add words on the American GXT file. does anyone know how to do that conveniently? it will be a good thing for us to team up on. I am about to go to another browser and look for grim to see if I can involve him. he is so good at weapon mods. (and skin mods, but thats not relevant now).

any questions?

This topic hasn't even been here an entire day yet. Have some patience.

I don't know anything about weapons modding - most people just do cars/player/peds/buildings at the most, so I can't help you.

Although I know that most things in the game are bound by hardcoded limits, so you can't add more vehicles or gangs or weapons. I know of one high-profile modder attempting to add more police cars, but he had to make a gang of police to allow them to drive it, and those police wouldn't have anything to do with the real police or wanted stars or anything.

ok, but I am talking about shopping files, which allow things to be sold, then the weapon files, which say that weapons exist. and, there is the aspect of needing someone to point out the details I am missing. I messed up my san andreas with a mod, so I might have to reinstall it today. but I will still be doing my best to spearhead the idea.

• 2 weeks later...