San Andreas Total Conversion

Huckleberry Pie

Okay, some HAS to gut SA & make a conversion. We could build this as a TGTAP exclusive w/ members contributing to

a final version to put in the Download section. I'll help out where I can.

fp032006_b.gif

manila_baywalk.jpg

St%20Louis%20MO.jpg

Combine some of these, and elements from other cities, and you'll end up with a GTA: SA total conversion...

Like what the guys at ReactOS.org did to their project; reverse-engineering Windows 2000/XP just to make their own Windows clone. Maybe we should slap a GPL open-source license in that mod, but the Strawberryland idea might be too dorky for some people. There should be two versions, the Strawberryland joke and a more hardcore version - maybe Manila, Philippines or any other major city can be the basis; although it's hard to make a near-carbon copy of Manila, you might take some details from it, like the Baywalk and mix elements from other cities to make a total GTA conversion...

Urbanoutlaw made me start this modding project, after his responses to my GTA: Strawberryland parody, which is more of like a half-baked idea than a game (or maybe not). Me and Urbanoutlaw are looking for contributors for this total conversion project, turning San Andreas into a different GTA game. We're looking for map modders, guys who can make 3D stuff, graphics artists, and people who can manage the donations and financial stuff (whenever possible). I'll take care of some of the GUI tasks, official webpage and misc. I'm also considering making this an open-source project, under the GNU General Public License v2.0, and making a Sourceforge.net project site...

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

I can do some script mods, placing vehicles & weapons & have figured out how to set when they spawn if mission related.

Have also done minor .TXD edits, exported them from GTA3.IMG & pulled the texture maps. Have also found dance score, initial money & dealer cash in GTASA.

For data files, have good luck w/ HANDLING.CFG, CARCOLS.DAT, CARGRP.DAT & others.

AW NUTS, I just got a job, didn't I. :bashhead:

Are the cars going to be modern (cough*please yes *cough) or older?

PLEASE MAKE THEM MODERN LIKE IN GTA:IV COS I KNOW WHERE TO GET TONS!

Also i need to klnow so i can start to ask permission immidiatly

We might use those downloadable cars and stuff from this archive; Hyundai Starex vans, as well as MMC Pajeros are quite common in the streets of Manila...

what cars do you want?

A mix of mods and default cars. The alpha version of this mod doesn't change the radio stations, until we find a way to change the audio adverts into Philippine-style ones; the DJs there were rather corny and ridiculous...

local radio stations, i know most of them are 'corny' or whatever you want to say about them but hell, driving wont feel very local if youre not listening to stupid jokes. or jeeps with booming sounds! and we need a gang with emo kids or kids wearing black shirts, eyeliners and the likes. hahaha.

...but it won't be the same ol' city without those zany DJs...