BMW v Mercedes Benz

V

17 members have voted

1. 1. BMW v Mercedes Benz

• BMW
    • Merc

Merc's compressor stuff is actually crap, but their cars are great.

I hate the grill of BMW and with exeption of 2 cars, all of them are rather ugly and looks so... big and slow.

I love Mercedes and almost everything about it. Getting a E class Merc with a V6 soon. Goes 246, not all that fast, but it's very comfortable.

119041.jpeg

Elegance version of that one.

Beat that, bitch.

photo.jpg

Dude, that's a CLS, that's double the price of a E (150 000 EUR/200 000 USD). But it's a great car. Had it for a test drive.

BMW, they look elegant enough, sporty enough, but never GAY.

Merc: always... GAY!!

To Merc fanboys: just kidding.

Mercedes are overrated like hell. And you all know that. BMW M3 series got the looks which sit in-between the lines of Sporty and Elegance look.

The thing I hate about BMW is that it lacks any sort of elegance. They are far to bulky.

We've got a CLS, OMG! A 63 too!

Are you fuckin' rich or something, or are cars cheaper over there? Here you pay 52 % income tax and then still 50% tax over your car. That's why it's pretty darn expensive here.

Yep. Also 63 AMG aut, though the top speed is also limited to 250, just like the CLS.

For business I'd go for a E-class, but for personal usage for fun the CLS is a really great car. I love it.

Though for the same price as the CLS AMG you can get a Vantage. It has much less power but the top speed isn't limited so it goes 30 KM/h faster but it needs 0.5 seconds longer to reach 60 Miles an hour. But then it is a Aston...

It would be great as second car, but if you'd only have to have one, I'd go for the CLS.

But we're draging of, so I guess we'll just continue in the General Car Discussions thread, k?

Nah, daddy works at Merc. Employees get special deals and stuff.

You plan on working there too? You could do a lot worse.

US cars have speed limiters too, set according to the speed rating of OEM tires. My 'Stang has OBD II (standard for '96 & up

in US), so if I get the tuning software (around $400, US) I can reset or shut off completely.

In my younger days I had a '72 Mach1 that topped out at 150 MPH, with points & a carb, no rev-limiter.

Ever suck a valve at 130 MPH? Couldn't get anyone to come get the car, (no $$$ for a towtruck), had to drive 30 miles back

to town that way. Sounded like an old John Deer tractor on nitromethane at 70.

So if you have the $$$ for a BMW or Mercedes, spend a couple extra bucks for AAA or tow-in insurance. :gappy: