How do you install...

Jesup

Hello, I would just like to know how to install clothings and such, since SAMI doesn't work with anything else than vehicles? Well, I have at least only seen my vehicles being able to install... Oh yeah, clothings, maps, weapons and mods like a speedometer. How do you install all those things? Does any of you happen to know, where I could find a mod installer for all those things? If you do, I would appreciate your help so much. :mellow:

Well, we have a nifty little guide for installing mods into San Andreas manually, which is located here.

Please note, that installing clothing is similar to installing a car, only when you get the .txd file, you would place it in player.img, rather than gta3.img.

And many car mods also replace lines in handling.cfg, default.ide, etc..., so just open these files in notepad to change the lines.

I'm gonna have to add pictures to that guide...

OKay, now I don't care if you think of me as a newbie from now on, 'cause I really need this help. Okay, you can call me one, but only because I really am!

Okay, I'm gonna start all over with my question, 'cause even though Chris was so nice to reply and explain it, I still didn't get it. So let me rephrase my question... I'm all new to this, so whoever replies, reply like I'm a dumbass... OKay, here goes. I want to install clothes in my game (San Andreas). I have found none Mod installers that claim they can install clothes. I would just so very much like to know how to do it, manually or with help from mod installer. Now, if there's nothing more to it, than to put the file in some folder, just tell me where to put it... But I doubt that's it... Reply, if you don't hate me too much already. Thanks.

Hello, I have a problem with installing mods in GTA:SA

I have a program that can instal everything.

but if I install for example the tundra mod the Mod Installer says:This mod is not compatible with SAMI <_<

Can some one help me with that???

----------------------------------------------------------

@Mod Lover

Well (obviously) it means that the Tundra Mod you blabbed about is incompatible with SAMI. Try installing manually:

1st: Read the README file carefully, and understand it!

2nd: Backup any files that you are going to alter, which are listed in the README file.

3rd: Select your GTASA directory (where you installed your Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas) properties menu, and uncheck the Read-Only check box.

4th: Install the Mod as instructed in the README file, AS INSTRUCTED!

5th: Run the game, hope it works!

Oh and if it's a Model Modification (skin, basically), you'll need a IMG Tool 2.0. Where? Look for it yourself, lazybutt! LOL! :P

@Jesup:

You need an IMG Tool 2.0, which acts basically like a WinZip or WinRar or WinAce. So first you need to understand that Rockstar Games put in all (most, actually) of the game data files in archives. These archives are called IMG files, very similar to *.zip or *.rar files. If WinZip goes for *.zip files, then IMG Tool 2.0 goes for *.img files. Files archived in IMG files are usually *.txd (texture files) and *.dff (model files) Since you're trying to install a clothes mod, you NEED IMG Tool 2.0.

Basic Instructions (may vary to some mods, this is for Skin Mods ONLY!) :

1. Download the Skin from a trustable source, like TGTAP, and read the Installation Instructions from the README file

2. Open gta3.img file, it's somewhere in the GTA directory. Apologies, because I haven't played/installed GTA for 2 years...

3. When it's open, read the README again, and confrim the files that are need to be replaced/altered/deleted.

4. Reconfirm! Any mistakes can cause the game to crash!

5. Create a folder named "backup" (or something). This will be used to store the altered files, incase disaster strikes.

6. Select the file(s) and extract/export (again, haven't played/modded GTA in years) them OUT of the gta3.img file into the previously created "backup" file.

7. When done backing up, now you can put in the MOD files into the gta3.img, using the IMG Tool 2.0

8. Overwrite if needed, no need to worry because you have backed up the old files.

9. If you have overwritten/deleted an ORIGINAL file from the gta3.img, you have to Rebuild The Archive.

Although this can be a pain, but backing up the WHOLE GTA3.IMG saves time and effort. Do this if you don't want to take any chances.