in need of help

im in need of some help see my cousin brought over his flash drive so he can help me with my game

(in it was his saved game, and a couple of mods:which include-black clothes man from this site and the jedi starfighter)

i was wondering where are the save files folder and where/how can i install mods

<_< oh and Hi I'm lordsasori and im new to these forums

Well tell your friend I said thanks for downloading one of my skins.

Anyway put the savefile in My Documents/GTA Vice City User Files.

Put the skin file (.bmp) in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto Vice City/Skins

The Jedi Starfighter is a bit more complicated. First get IMG Tool 2 and open the gta3.img file which is in C:/Program Files/Rockstar Games/Grand Theft Auto Vice City/models. Rename the skimmer.dff and skimmer.txd that are already in gta3.img to something else, then add the Jedi ones to gta3.img.

Then follow the instructions in the readme in the handling/sounds folder.

Take a minute & look at the tutorials at the top of the VC Modding page.

If you're still hung up, we'll see what we can do.

Since you took the time to put in an avatar pic, hit the "introduce yourself" topic & say hello.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.ph...&start=1840

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Since you took the time to put in an avatar pic, hit the "introduce yourself" topic & say hello.

Welcome to the forum.

hey im new to this stuff, i have just downloaded VC off the internet and it is the full version but i am having troube installing the wheel mod thing, it says i put it in on the file when i was trying to install it. can anyone help

Welcome to the forum.

hey im new to this stuff, i have just downloaded VC off the internet and it is the full version but i am having troube installing the wheel mod thing, it says i put it in on the file when i was trying to install it. can anyone help

So in other words, you illegaly downloaded the game, probley from tpb, and now you want help? Everyone else here (hopefully) bought it at the store.

Stealing gets you no where

To quote Monsieur Chris:

• No warez - Discussion about illegally obtaining copyrighted material is strictly forbidden

Look at the Forum Rules first before you dive into any crazy ideas of downloading warez, Kurt. No one here in this forum would dare to get GTA or any other app via BitTorrent without getting banned. That's why there are copyrights and FBI raids against warez groups - think of them for a minute - would it help R* if you stole their works? Ask yourself, Kurt...