SKATE or Tony Hawk

surrealistic ArtSweet

SKATE or Tony Hawk  

17 members have voted

1. 1. which one you like

• SKATE
    • Tony Hawk series

Meh.

I simply can not believe that it took Activision ten years to make the perfect skate game, and they still haven't managed it yet.

Whereas Ea's skate pull it off on there first try... How can anyone say that Ea are shit? If it weren't for them, you wouldnt even be playing BF2!

SKATE has a good concept and everything, but there are some major problems with the game such as glitches and shit. The storyline wasn't that great either. You can't even get off of your board or build parks or add to the map.

I don't see what's so great about it. The only thing they have is the concept, which wasn't made all that well.

I know, everyones entitled to there own opinion, but i loved the story, game play plus the sense of achievement you get when you have landed that 360 flip + nose manual.

I see there are lots of things holding the game back, but you have to let the game evolve. It's a little frustrating that you can't get off your board, but it wasn't until THUG this became "revolutionary"

Meh.

I simply can not believe that it took Activision ten years to make the perfect skate game, and they still haven't managed it yet.

Whereas Ea's skate pull it off on there first try... How can anyone say that Ea are shit? If it weren't for them, you wouldnt even be playing BF2!

SKATE has a good concept and everything, but there are some major problems with the game such as glitches and shit. The storyline wasn't that great either. You can't even get off of your board or build parks or add to the map.

I don't see what's so great about it. The only thing they have is the concept, which wasn't made all that well.

I know, everyones entitled to there own opinion, but i loved the story, game play plus the sense of achievement you get when you have landed that 360 flip + nose manual.

I see there are lots of things holding the game back, but you have to let the game evolve. It's a little frustrating that you can't get off your board, but it wasn't until THUG this became "revolutionary"

Yeah, so why should SKATE follow those same "revolutionary" paths? They should be able to at least match the same type of stuff that's in Tony Hawk games with their own control concept.

I love how you guys are flaming Tony Hawk, cause without it there would be no Skate, yes Skate may be better then Proving Ground, but without the first Tony Hawk games, there would be no copy cats. It's like Saint's Row, without GTA it wouldn't of been made.

So I'm gonna stick with Tony Hawks with this, I only play the older Tony Hawks, and without an 'older' skate, nothing will stand in the way of my opinion.

I love how you guys are flaming Tony Hawk, cause without it there would be no Skate, yes Skate may be better then Proving Ground, but without the first Tony Hawk games, there would be no copy cats. It's like Saint's Row, without GTA it wouldn't of been made.

So I'm gonna stick with Tony Hawks with this, I only play the older Tony Hawks, and without an 'older' skate, nothing will stand in the way of my opinion.

Yeah i agree. Without TH there would be no SKATE. I like TH better but still.

Well, i suppose, but that dosen't make the last few Tony Hawk's games any better.

It's like they've been pumping games out every year, each one as half-arsed and rushed as the other, so, they kinda need a true competitor. One to keep them on there toe's and show them how it's really done.

I myself have played both Proving Ground and Skate and can tell you that i enjoyed them both. :) I in no way hate the TH games.

Edited by -Acid-