An Interesting Forward

Max Payne

Heres a letter that got sent to my dad's e-mail account from the National Rifle Association. You might find it interesting. It may be a little confusing. Keep in mind that it has not been edited in any way. Please read all of it.:

An Interesting Forward..............

Possible U.S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, to Barack Huessein Obama, S4., a black Muslim from Nyangoma-Kokel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white atheist from Wichita, Kansas.

Obama's parent's met at the University of Hawaii.

When Obama was two years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya. His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a radical Muslim from Indonesia.

Obama attened a Muslim school in Jakarta. He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is also quick to point out that, "He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school."

Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wahabi school in Jakarta. Wahabism is the radical teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the wester world.

Since its politically expedient to be a Christian when seeking major public office in the United States, Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim Background.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's very active presidential candidacy.

A theme of Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and the title of his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.[142] In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian step-father as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized."[143]

That's from Wikipedia

http://snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

And there's a link from Snopes denouncing the whole thing.

Sounds like he was raised by atheists and then became Christian. [sarcasm] which automatically disqualifies him to be President, in a country founded on "Separation of Church & State" by quite a few atheists. And that GWB is labeled a Born Again Christian who wasted years drinking and doing drugs makes him a great man. [/sarcasm]

As far as the school thing, Wikipedia said that he went to local schools. I doubt they were "Muslim Schools".

People really should look these things up before they just hit forward.

I also find it sad that the NRA, a national, respected (in some circles, including my own) organization is allowing it's members to spread crap.

Edited by draftermatt

A theme of Obama's keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention, and the title of his 2006 book, The Audacity of Hope, was inspired by his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.[142] In Chapter 6 of the book, titled "Faith," Obama writes that he "was not raised in a religious household." He describes his mother, raised by non-religious parents, as detached from religion, yet "in many ways the most spiritually awakened person that I have ever known." He describes his Kenyan father as "raised a Muslim," but a "confirmed atheist" by the time his parents met, and his Indonesian step-father as "a man who saw religion as not particularly useful." The chapter details how Obama, in his twenties, while working with local churches as a community organizer, came to understand "the power of the African American religious tradition to spur social change." Obama writes: "It was because of these newfound understandings—that religious commitment did not require me to suspend critical thinking, disengage from the battle for economic and social justice, or otherwise retreat from the world that I knew and loved—that I was finally able to walk down the aisle of Trinity United Church of Christ one day and be baptized."[143]

That's from Wikipedia

obviously, ANYONE can edit wikipedia. hell, maybe obama typed that to mislead people.

obviously, ANYONE can edit wikipedia. hell, maybe obama typed that to mislead people.

Yes that must be true. He wants so bad to "prove" he isn't a Muslim that he will write a book about it, and edit his Wiki page. And fool Snopes. If you are honestly that dumb, please don't register to vote.

Because we all know that people running for President would want to lie to EVERYONE. Because that would never come out and ruin them.

Moreover, if he's been baptized Christian, he's Christian now, and isn't that all that matters?

That's what gets me. I have never understood why belief in Jesus is paramount to running the country. Because, again, last I checked, this is not a theocracy, and we have that handy little "Separation of Church & State"

While the "that is Wikipedia!!!" argument has basis to it, it's over-used, and usually in situations where it isn't even a problem. Just because it is user-edited doesn't mean it lies. HELL, if something in Wikipedia is wrong, it's more likely to be changed when someone comes across it and realizes it. On websites that AREN'T user-edited if it lies((and trust me, they do)), then even if people catch it no one can do anything about it.

And yes, we have SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Which, yes, means it doesn't matter what-the-fuck you believe in. Granted, it hardly ever works like that. From the way things are going, especially with Christians who want to force their religion on people((reality-check, forcing Christianity onto someone will NOT save their soul, for their are being FORCED AGAINST THEIR WILL, and they must WANT to be "saved" before they CAN be "saved")), I say religion should not even be allowed in it. Seriously, candidates should keep their personal religion to themselves and not let it affect it that much.

• 2 weeks later...
And yes, we have SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE. Which, yes, means it doesn't matter what-the-fuck you believe in. Granted, it hardly ever works like that. From the way things are going, especially with Christians who want to force their religion on people((reality-check, forcing Christianity onto someone will NOT save their soul, for their are being FORCED AGAINST THEIR WILL, and they must WANT to be "saved" before they CAN be "saved")), I say religion should not even be allowed in it. Seriously, candidates should keep their personal religion to themselves and not let it affect it that much.

Which is my point. I love to point out to people who scream about someone's religion in gov't that it shouldn't matter. I don't understand why it does matter. Who you worship has no bearing on how you run the country.

I mean, George W has been quoted as saying God told him to do this and that, and look how bad George W has fucked things up.