How do I rename vehicles?

RanxeroX

Can anyone tell me how to rename vehicles so that when you jump in/on one, it shows the new name? I'm sure I was able to do it once before when I had installed the Dodge Challenger over top of the Clover by editing the 'American.gxt' file. But later on when I tried to rename others, it wouldn't work! It still shows the original name. I looked through all the data files relating to vehicles but couldn't find my change. It occurred to me that it might be because the names were being saved in the save game so I looked into one with a hex editor but nothing there either. What am I missing? Could it be because I already have the vehicles I want to change the names of saved in garages?

Use a GXT editor, you'll probably find one in the downloads database here, if not, google it.

You open up the editor, find the american.GXT file, then do a search for the vehicle you ant to rename... e.g. Clover

Then you just replace 'clover' with whatever name you want the clover's replacement to have... ie. Dodge Challenger.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Use a GXT editor, you'll probably find one in the downloads database here, if not, google it.

You open up the editor, find the american.GXT file, then do a search for the vehicle you ant to rename... e.g. Clover

Then you just replace 'clover' with whatever name you want the clover's replacement to have... ie. Dodge Challenger.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

I was sure it was the american.gxt file... So I had another looking after posting and boy do I feel dumb now! :rolleyes: Turns out the reason it wasn't working was because the editor I used, GTA-SA Ultimate Editor, had still been in my backup folder. I hadn't noticed it before. So I was changing my backup... Could happen to anyone! Thanx for the reply.