My Upcoming PC

Slyde

off topic: Second of Jan.. hopefully I finally get permission from my dad for a new PC.. I'm really getting sick of waiting.

On topic:

8800 GT, great. If you want it in Jan, then disregard the following but nVidia is probably going to start with their 9 serie in Feb. Actually, you can disregard that anyway cause it's said to be a 9600.. So yeah, great.

500 GB HDD, I'd take less actually. But that just depends on how much you use, download ect. More of a personal choice.

For the CPU.. I'm not very sure.. If you want it for gaming I think the E6850 is a better choice. Why? Well because it's a dual core and each individual core has more power and since most games don't multi-core CPU's and the ones that do support it can't really use it very efficiently I think the E6850 is a better choice.

Oh, to think of it. Intel is releasing their E8500 CPU is Jan (unless I've missed something..), same price. Perhaps a better choice.

For the memory. DDR2 is extreemly cheap now. So if you don't mind spending slightly more you could get even better and/or more RAM. Corsair is good though.

off topic: Second of Jan.. hopefully I finally get permission from my dad for a new PC.. I'm really getting sick of waiting.

On topic:

8800 GT, great. If you want it in Jan, then disregard the following but nVidia is probably going to start with their 9 serie in Feb. Actually, you can disregard that anyway cause it's said to be a 9600.. So yeah, great.

500 GB HDD, I'd take less actually. But that just depends on how much you use, download ect. More of a personal choice.

For the CPU.. I'm not very sure.. If you want it for gaming I think the E6850 is a better choice. Why? Well because it's a dual core and each individual core has more power and since most games don't multi-core CPU's and the ones that do support it can't really use it very efficiently I think the E6850 is a better choice.

Oh, to think of it. Intel is releasing their E8500 CPU is Jan (unless I've missed something..), same price. Perhaps a better choice.

For the memory. DDR2 is extreemly cheap now. So if you don't mind spending slightly more you could get even better and/or more RAM. Corsair is good though.

Ah, i'll look into the cpu. Its the one thing im not sure which one to get.

How much you getting that for?

Not being nosey or anything, just that I live in Aus, and wondering how much it costs you

It is going to be about $2000 - $2500AUD. I'm not sure because i'm buying it off my uncle's comp shop, meaning it's going to be slightly cheaper.