Solving a color quality problem

NSanityHD

Hi, this is a little tutorial on how to fix a color quality of "4 bit" and resolution problems. (I had this :()

I now have a Windows XP Home Edition SP2, so I don't know if it will work on XP Pro, or Vista etc etc...

If you do not have a System Restore point, your fucked for restoring your system. When re-installing Windows XP Home Edition with a CD (Not Advanced installation, just Upgrade feature) if your setup skips a few files like "txtSetup.sif, spider.dll etc etc, your computer will not have the correct resolution and color quality, as it used to. (I don't think).

Have you tried searching for a way to solve your color quality and resolution problem, but have no luck?

Well, you don't really need to search Google or re-install, or re-format your PC.

Just download a Graphics driver called "NVIDIA 169.21_forceware_winxp_32bit_international_whql" I know it's an old driver, but this program will fix your problem. I installed it and am keeping the installer for it. Install that, restart your computer and follow the steps of the installation, and it should work for you.

It solved my problem, so it should solve yours.

NOTE: I did this on a Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2!

• 3 weeks later...