Retailer offers GTAIV Pre-Order Cards

IllusionMPN

Entertainment retailer Zavvi is offering pre-order cards for highly anticipated Rockstar title Grand Theft Auto IV, ensuring customers receive a copy on the day of release.

The retailer offered a similar scheme for the release of Halo 3 last year.

These highly collectable cards will add value to our customer’s experience, while giving Zavvi a point of difference over similar pre-order schemes,
said Stephen Lynn, Zavvi’s senior PR and promotions manager.
The GTA franchise has a loyal fan base and the collectable cards will be a must have for everyone that loves the game, allowing them to keep a little bit of GTA in their wallet

3540_Loyalty%20Card.jpg

No one has probably ever heard of Zavvi, especially if you live outside the UK. They aren't very well known, you can check their website at http://www.zavvi.co.uk. The GTA IV product pages have no mention of these cards, so I assume it's some in store offer.

Illusion do you subscribe to MCV's RSS feed? Just wondering how the hell someone managed to find this news. Of my feeds, MCV is the only one reporting, probably because they're trade.

I was at Target buying Assassin's Creed for $38 a few days ago and they had banners with the artwork and pre-order cards too. I didn't think it was worth taking a picture so I didn't, but if anyone really cares that badly to see a poster and a card with GTA IV on it go to your local Target.