GTA Settlement Site

I remember seeing a post about the actual settlement some where, but I don't think it included the actual settlement site. If you don't know what I'm talking about, the "Hot Coffee" lawsuit against Rockstar Games has finally ended and unfortunately for Rockstar Games...they lost. Fortunately for the consumers (you...if you own the first edition of SA), you could get up to $35. Here's a chart showing how much you could get back from your purchase depending on your situation.

AVAILABLE BENEFITS

If you have and submit:What you may get:

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas First EditionDisc Replacement Disc

Detailed Store Receipt Cashpayment up to $35.00

General Credit Card Statement or Check Cash payment up to $17.50

Disc/Purchase Details Cashpayment up to $10.00

No Disc/Purchase Details Cashpayment up to $5.00

Personally I feel that if I were to take the money back that I would just be one of Jack Thompson's little flying monkeys. I still have the receipt, so I could very well get the $35 and put it towards GTAIV, but since I'm a huge Rockstar fan, I don't want to do that. So what does everyone think about this.

NOTE: If this was included in the other topic, just delete this topic I guess. This might fit in with the San Andreas section...you be the judge(points to moderating team).

Edited by Original GTA Master

I could get up to $35 as I have the original receipt but I would never do that nor would I ever give up my 1st edition copy of SA for PS2.

I'm assuming your main reason for not taking the $35 is because you don't want to hurt Rockstar Games, but I'm pretty sure that you could go in there with only a receipt and get $35. That way you keep your first edition of the game and get $35. There are numerous excuses you could use as to why you don't have the game anymore.

"The disk broke back in 2005 and I just threw it out."

"My mommy snapped the disk in rage."

"I let my friend borrow it and he never gave it back."

Those would just be a few of the ideas people could use that could possibly work. I mean...if you have the receipt...

But then again, by not taking the money we're in fact helping Rockstar Games. How many people do you think are out there that own San Andreas and are going to do this??? I doubt Rockstar Games will lose too much money with this settlement.

This (not your topic, just the subject of it) is a complete load of crap.

R* gave fair warning that SA was intended for mature players & made a reasonable attempt to lock out Hot Coffee. They

can't be expected to be responsible if someone hacked the save files & discovered it. It's like saying Ford or Toyota is at

fault because someone got drunk & drove one of their cars over someone.

Just for the record, they can't buy back my copy of V1.

This (not your topic, just the subject of it) is a complete load of crap.

R* gave fair warning that SA was intended for mature players & made a reasonable attempt to lock out Hot Coffee. They

can't be expected to be responsible if someone hacked the save files & discovered it. It's like saying Ford or Toyota is at

fault because someone got drunk & drove one of their cars over someone.

Just for the record, they can't buy back my copy of V1.

All you need is the receipt.

Me neither. That V1 copy is mine and I'm not gonna return it or ask for cash in return. Shit, if I wanted free cash, I could have returned the game to the store when I got it.

I sincerely hope karma bitchslaps the idiots who actually do try to do this.

Again...all you need is the receipt.

This is actually old news the GTA Settlement site has been up for months with Take 2 and Rockstar Games. I remember seeing this back in October!

...I know... ;)