Draw Distance

Guero209

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but i searched and couldn't find anything. What i want to do is increase the draw distance in SA and increase the amount of time that the game keeps certain textures and models in memory. Many times i'll be running down the street then turn around and the game has to render that area again. I have 2 gigs of ram so it shouldn't be a problem to keep those textures and models in memory. I tried using the Distance 10x mod found on this site, but i didn't notice any difference.

Any info would help.

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but i searched and couldn't find anything. What i want to do is increase the draw distance in SA and increase the amount of time that the game keeps certain textures and models in memory. Many times i'll be running down the street then turn around and the game has to render that area again. I have 2 gigs of ram so it shouldn't be a problem to keep those textures and models in memory. I tried using the Distance 10x mod found on this site, but i didn't notice any difference.

Any info would help.

Just so you know, things like textures (and probably the models too) are stored in your graphics card RAM and not system RAM. So it will not help having 2 gigs of RAM if you only have a card with 64MB of RAM. The graphics get drawn depending on what you're looking at, so the game is constantly loading/unloading textures into the card.

Having said all that, that's not to say something can't be done about it. Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to point you as I haven't played around with this sort of thing or looked into it. Just keep looking through mods & forums until you come across something relevant... Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...