custom handles

neoswagga

i encountered an error in sami so i though i would give you guys a heads up, i used sami to replace the flash with a lancer (worked fine) then changed my handling lines so i could drift (still no problems) untill i tried to uninstall the car i got a error message that stated the handling.cfg has been changed for thr flash so sami will not uninstalled to prevent damage to the game, after that i clicked ok then want in changed the cars handling back to it original state then want back to uninstall the mod but it wasnt on the uninstall list anymore, so after that i played the game i found that same punk ass lancer drivin around lol i dont know what to do now.. anyone?? oh in the moral of the story is if you alter the handling before or after installin cars change :cigar::jumpon::cigar: it back before you try to uninstall velicles..

ok so after further investigation ive found that.. with out you guys help lol, jacobs handling editor isnt compatable with sami, and i also uncovered that sami has a handling line editor that you asses could of just told me about before wrecking the game lmao you guys are great.. really! :cigar:

does anyone know how to change rwd to fwd? and does anyone here know how to edit the cars handles so it wont have hydralics? :cigar:

There's a column in handling.cfg that tells the game which wheels drive the car, it's this one:

; (Q) TransmissionData.nDriveType [F/R/4]

The types stand for (F)ront, ( R )ear, (4)-wheel drive. Change the R to an F and see what happens...

The hydraulics are trickier to change. They're part of a handling flag coded in hex, the column is:

; (ag) handlingFlags - written in HEX

and the one you're after is coded like this:

; 5th digit 1: HYDRAULIC_GEOM 2: HYDRAULIC_INST 4: HYDRAULIC_NONE 8: NOS_INST

If you can change the 5th digit from a 1 or 2 to a 4 that should disable the hydraulics. Don't ask me specifically how to do it cuz I've never screwed with it. I'm simply pointing out where you can do the change, you'll have to figure it out for yourself. Either that or get a hold of a better handling editor program. I suggest trying the one made by a guy name Cerbera - look for it on the web or GtaForums for where to get it. Haven't tried it myself but I know that's what it does. I did DL it myself but never installed it cuz it had too much baggage for my liking.

Hope all this helps! Good luck...

thanks ranx, in yeah i found out about the drivetrain thing yesterday but your right the hydros are the tricky part lol, im basically modding my own drift code but cant get rid of the hydros in on another note ive uploaded a few hondas that where sadly rear wheel drive, anyway im ma try it in get back to you on that pimpin.. oh in do you got a link to that forum you talkin about? :cigar:

thanks ranx, in yeah i found out about the drivetrain thing yesterday but your right the hydros are the tricky part lol, im basically modding my own drift code but cant get rid of the hydros in on another note ive uploaded a few hondas that where sadly rear wheel drive, anyway im ma try it in get back to you on that pimpin.. oh in do you got a link to that forum you talkin about? :cigar:

Here's the link to Cerbera's handling tutorial: http://projectcerbera.com/tutorials/gtasa/...ling/definition

Here's the link to his handling editor: http://projectcerbera.com/tools/cfgstudio2/

And please, use some periods in your sentences so I can tell where one thought stops and another starts...

ight, periods.. got cha lol, and by the way that fifth number thing was no good.. i know the code like the back of my hand, i can edit any aspect of it with out crashing the game.. speed, weight, damage etc.. no sweat :cigar:

Were you counting digits from left to right or vice-versa? Try it the other way around and see if that works...