Vehicle IDs

Dan300

I downloaded the spawn vehicle mod which comes with a list of vehicle IDs, but it

doesn't have seem to have the ID for the tanker. Does anyone know the ID for

the tanker?

Maybe there was no ID for the tanker because there's no such vehicle! If you mean tanker TRUCK, there's the Linerunner (ID-403) or the Roadtrain (ID-515). Is this what you were looking for? If not, open the game's Data folder in Explorer and open the 'vehicles.ide' file using Notepad for the complete list of the vehicles' ID values.

There IS a Tanker.

open vehicles.ide on the note pad.

Oh really? What's its ID number then... When I do a search for 'TANKER', Notepad says it can't find it. When I search for 'TANK', it finds the entry for the Rhino. When I search for 'TAN', it finds the Sultan and the Rhino and that's it. Unless it's got some weird-ass spelling or my file is corrupt, it ain't there!

# 514, it's called PETRO in the game data files. The front looks like an old Mack & has a double row bumper.

Ah well, my bad then! I'd completely forgotten about it I guess. It's been ages since I've messed with any rigs. Usually, my only thought about them is,"Get the hell out of my way!". I called up the model of it in GGMM to have a look at it and it tweaked the old bean. I do recall having to get one for export way back when.

And yes, Dan 300, I've played GTA-SA... I've beaten the game 100% a couple months ago and made several mods for it since then. So excuse me if I don't recall every little detail!

Incidentally, for anyone looking for one for export or whatever, I found one back when I was playing it on PS2 that I've never seen mentioned by anyone else. You can find one parked at the northwest corner of the Fallen Tree factory lot. The lot is east of Easter Bay Chemicals plant, at the SE corner of the San Fierro airport. This should make up for my lapse in memory!

Edited by RanxeroX

I've played SA almost daily of of & on since it was released & there are still a few details I need to look up.

Some of us have lives OFF the computer. Remember that & YOU might not get ridiculed. The confusion from this issue

comes from the truck having a different display name (the one you see when you get into the truck) from the one used

in the DATA files inside the game.

(Thanks for the headsup on where to find the truck, RanX. I just usually just snag 'em outta traffic around Angel Pine.)