Help!

Deji

1. ZModdler dont work!!! I try to import my dff file and it crashes (Or just says 'out of memory')!!! :thumbsdown: It also crashes when I click Material Editor...

2. I want to mod the texture of a gun but am confused by each of the sides. I know it wraps around the gun to make the 3D texture but I don't know which part is which... >.<

Edited by Deji

1. ZModdler dont work!!! I try to import my dff file and it crashes (Or just says 'out of memory')!!! :thumbsdown: It also crashes when I click Material Editor...

2. I want to mod the texture of a gun but am confused by each of the sides. I know it wraps around the gun to make the 3D texture but I don't know which part is which... >.<

I have same problem with zmodeler v1, i heard someone talking about an addon for it so it doesnt crash.

What version of ZModeler are you using? If you're trying to import a .dff from a San Andreas mod and you have V1.07, it won't work because that version only handles/creates files intended for GTA3 or Vice City (or so I understand). So that MAY be why it's crashing.

As for your texture question, you'll have to be more specific... Show a pic of the texture and explain what part(s) you're having trouble with.

Edited by RanxeroX

What version of ZModeler are you using? If you're trying to import a .dff from a San Andreas mod and you have V1.07, it won't work because that version only handles/creates files intended for GTA3 or Vice City (or so I understand). So that MAY be why it's crashing.

As for your texture question, you'll have to be more specific... Show a pic of the texture and explain what part(s) you're having trouble with.

I've tried both versions. They both do the same thing...

All of them!! I don't understand how to mod just the texture... For example If i wanted to change the barrel of a gun... Where in the exported image do I edit? (Although I know which bit is the barrel)

All of them!! I don't understand how to mod just the texture... For example If i wanted to change the barrel of a gun... Where in the exported image do I edit? (Although I know which bit is the barrel)

If it's not obvious by looking at the graphic, you'll just have to try it with trial and error... Change the portion that you THINK is the barrel, import it back into the .txd file and then the .img file then load the game and see what gets changed.

To make testing faster and easier, do the following:

- Save a backup of the original exported image (and the whole .txd it's in, to be safe).

- Modify what you think is the portion you want to change using a paint program. To making ID'ing easier, change using a solid block of color (like red).

- Using Txd Workshop, open the gta3.img file. Find and highlight the .txd you want to change.

- Select the specific texture you want to modify from the texture list.

- Import the modified graphic (with the solid color in it).

- Click on the 'Save Txd' command.

- Exit Workshop, load the game and check out the changes.

- Repeat the process until you've got the location nailed down.

Once you've got the size/location identified, you can work with the .txd file alone and can import it or whatever else you had in mind for it.

Does this help?

Yeah. Also how would I add a bigger .bmp so that it has more quality and is (Slightly) easier to mod...

You just have to scale it up to the size you want. But you have to use specific values when doing this... You have to follow the 'power of 2' rule. This means if the original was 128*128, the next allowable sizes are 256*256 or 512*512, etc.. Each has to be a number that is an even power of 2. You can't just use any values you want. BTW, the largest you'd want to use for SA is 1024*1024. Anything bigger is unnecessary and could bog the game or your system down.