Mods Laging game

NSXTypeR

Well I put about 8-10 Cars in the game and they all work but it makes the game lag when to of the cars are close to each other and sometimes by them self. Is there anyway to make it so it doesnt do this?

My computer is only about 3 month old and has a gig of ram and played San Andreas just fine never laged.

Well I put about 8-10 Cars in the game and they all work but it makes the game lag when to of the cars are close to each other and sometimes by them self. Is there anyway to make it so it doesnt do this?

My computer is only about 3 month old and has a gig of ram and played San Andreas just fine never laged.

What's your video card and processor? If it's a built-in/on-board video card (the one with the monitor plug stuck in the motherboard instead of a seperate slot), expect real lags. Same goes for an outdated video card - I tried installing a van in SA on one computer with an entry-level video board, and it lagged big time whenever I get close to it. An Nvidia GeForce 7300 can do it well, but it would be better if you work for an 8600 or an 8800...

Also, setting your graphics configuration on SA to minimal will do...

Well my computer is a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop with Intel Celeron CPU 550 @ 2.00GHZ 1.99GHz ( I just copied what it said on the order form I have.) and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 ( Not really sure if that is the video card or what, since I'm not sure how to get to see what I have on Vista). I did set all the Graphics on Low and turned the frame limiter off and that helped alittle

Would it be because it has alot of polygons? Just out of curiousity.

Edited by NSXTypeR

Well my computer is a Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop with Intel Celeron CPU 550 @ 2.00GHZ 1.99GHz ( I just copied what it said on the order form I have.) and Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 ( Not really sure if that is the video card or what, since I'm not sure how to get to see what I have on Vista). I did set all the Graphics on Low and turned the frame limiter off and that helped alittle

Would it be because it has alot of polygons? Just out of curiousity.

Hmm, yes... The Intel GMA is optimized for entry-level/home/office use - the only things that would work best on that graphics chip are children's educational programs, Micro$oft Office, and some other non-intensive stuff. When it comes to modding games, GMAs are a no-no... Like what I said earlier, try picking up at least an Nvidia GeForce 7300, but it would be better if you work for an 8600 or an 8800, since the 7300 also lags when you try maxing things out...

Ah so basicaly upgrade my computer Cool ok, I get paid on Friday so ya. How hard is it to put all that stuff on a laptop?

Hmm, I guess you need to put what I said earlier to a desktop rig; I'm not sure about high-performace video cards that can fit on the slot on your notebook's motherboard... There are Nvidias for laptops, but I'm not really that sure about compatibility...

Ah so basicaly upgrade my computer Cool ok, I get paid on Friday so ya. How hard is it to put all that stuff on a laptop?

That depends on whether your laptop is upgradeable or not. Most laptops have graphics "cards" permanently installed

& can't be replaced (unless you desolder & solder in a new one). You could try increasing the RAM but no promise how

much that'll help.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

• 1 month later...

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I have been waiting - still wating on my Laptop. Although Alienware is a bad company to purchase from, I am somewhat stuck. As for the "Dell Inspiron M1530 XPS laptop", it has potential but it only has a single NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT card. With "dual" 8800's you can throw nearly anything at it and know that you won't be dissappointed.

Upgrading a laptop is nearly impossible, besides upgrading ram, replacing an optical drive - keyboard, and in some cases the the soundcard. You'll need to to consider what you want in a laptop (what you need to from it), but your more likely to get more for your dollar if you just buy a desktop that you can build-up.