Custom Radio Stations

cactusjack901

I noticed earlier today, that the radio stations in Vice City, are merely WMA tracks, at least they are on the Xbox, so I got to thinking. I have a softmodded Xbox, which prevents me from using the custom soundtracks feature. At least, prevents me from using this feature without a hassle, so why don't I just make some custom radio stations?

I'm here for 2 reasons

1) to see everybody's opinion on this, just so I can see if it would be worthwhile to even start this. I may just make a new VRock for myself, but anything beyond that would be if other people are interested in this as well

2) to request help, as this is a task that is a little too large for just one person to undertake, especially when it comes time to record a new VCPR or something of the sort. Anybody interested?

On a final note, if this does get started, and I do get a team together, I would like to distribute this in a way that is cross-platform, meaning a copy will be available in the proper format for each console, including PS2

Have a good day, hope to get some responses soon

It's kind of hard to mod consoles and to cross-platform it would be pretty tricky too. Why not do it for PC instead?

Also modding consoles is illegal I think...

<_<

Would it be easier if you do this on a PC instead, rather than wasting time making a hard-to-manage console mod cross-platform. Also, there are legal ramifications for this, so I would give it a no. I bricked a Motorola before trying to mod it, and now a PS2?

modding consoles is not illegal, of this, I am sure, especially if it's a softmod, I don't have a Windows PC, and a softmodded Xbox is easy to use, and manage, and a PS2 is also easy to mod, the PS2 modding also has 0 risk of bricking, since it's all on the memory card, and if something goes wrong there, just delete the modded save off the PS2

and as far as cross-platform as far as the custom radio stations go, it's just a few audio files, I'm not talking about any program editing, or even changing the names of the stations, just simple audio mods, I can do it all myself if there is interest, as long as people tell me what format the radio stations are in for each system

XBOX: WMA

PC: ?

PS2: ?