What are the expectations for the MODs?

gutman

If your asking whether there's gonna be mods for GTAIV like there was for San Andreas... Hell yeah! But, most of the modders from the gtavc-gtasa era have probably gotten tired of cracking gamecode... So expect data and modelling mods to come on day 2 of the release and the best mods (coding) should come about 2 years later? :P

It took quite a while for people to start making decent mods for SA. Everyone (even people like JVT) became lazy and just converted their best stuff from VC to work in SA. Which is pretty cool but it would be nice to see some brand new stuff. I think it'll be a little different for IV though. I'm no modder but I wouldn't have thought the converting process is that simple this time round. But maybe it will be.

Either way, there's gonna be shitloads of mods just like there were for the previous games. TGTAP is one of the best places on the web to get them ;)

It took quite a while for people to start making decent mods for SA. Everyone (even people like JVT) became lazy and just converted their best stuff from VC to work in SA. Which is pretty cool but it would be nice to see some brand new stuff. I think it'll be a little different for IV though. I'm no modder but I wouldn't have thought the converting process is that simple this time round. But maybe it will be.

Either way, there's gonna be shitloads of mods just like there were for the previous games. TGTAP is one of the best places on the web to get them ;)

Yeah, I mean... seems that the Rockstar crew made the previous GTAs "Ready to mod", I hope they do the samething with the PC version of GTA 4.