9800 tried yet?

cosbuster

Hello everybody , I've created this topic in order to find out if there are people out there who have tested the game with a nvidia 9800GT. Although the card is almost identical to the 8800 I've been hearing several stuff about low performance with the 9x series due to some sort of incompatibility with the game , is that true?

Moreover , I would like to post my system specs and ask if you guys think I'd be able to pass the medium/average settings with my current rig (provided the game works that is).

Windows XP home edition SP3

Intel Core Duo 6700 @ 2.67Ghz

2gb RAM

Asus 9800GT 512mb Hybrid power

10gb of free HD space (working on freeing up some space atm :bashhead: )

Thanks in advance

Need to free up at least 6 or 7 more GB in order to install. It runs alright on my 8800GTS but not great, would think your 9800GT would fair better though. Your processor is slightly better than mine as well, and if you got a couple more gigs of RAM it would help to run the game more smoothly.

Damn , I thought as much about my RAM. Too bad upgrading is not an option atm but it should be able to handle it methinks.

What really bugs me about the GFX is that the game is really hungry for video memory. I mean 600mb just for the high level textures + about 300 for an average resolution? I've also read that on 256mb cards its sets the default settings to low and doesn't even let you change it. Never in my life have I seen a game like that , let's see how it goes on Saturday then *fingers crossed*

Ok , I've managed to get my hands on the game today so i'll just post the benchmark .

Video mode :1280x1024(75Hz)

Texture quality :Medium

Render Quality :High

View Distance :25

Detail Distance :30

Average FPS :41.52

CPU Usage :91%

System Memory Usage :96%

Video Memory Usage :99%

I'm rather satisfied with the results. It turns out than an average card like the 9800GT can perform decently at this game (the 1024 version ought to work even better) matched with an average proccessor and RAM.

Moreover I'd like to point out that the Drivers for the card are really old (the ones that came with it) so I'm confident that I'll be able to see an even better perforamance in the near future after updating them.

Yep, they say thats one of the most common problems is outdated software be it drivers or other OS components either old or missing .. I've had lotsa problems w/ it, updating has helpt some of the things.. But its still a beast on resources, specially if you go w/ higher settings that still keep your resources in the green... I still get stuff fading out, I've even had to tab out of the game on diff occassions because it simply will not continue ... I dont know if thats a system ram issue or what .. Like the phone rang on the "loanshark" mission w/ Roman and I couldnt even answer it, hittin "Enter" did nothing, I tab out, come back in, I could ... its screwy ..

Yep, they say thats one of the most common problems is outdated software be it drivers or other OS components either old or missing .. I've had lotsa problems w/ it, updating has helpt some of the things.. But its still a beast on resources, specially if you go w/ higher settings that still keep your resources in the green... I still get stuff fading out, I've even had to tab out of the game on diff occassions because it simply will not continue ... I dont know if thats a system ram issue or what .. Like the phone rang on the "loanshark" mission w/ Roman and I couldnt even answer it, hittin "Enter" did nothing, I tab out, come back in, I could ... its screwy ..

Strangely enough after 4-5 hours of playing (not constant) I have yet to see a single bug/glitch/crash people claim the game is full of. Maybe I'm just very lucky :D