GTA SA Not Starting On New Computer!

Hello,

I have recently obtained a new computer and GTA SA will not start with it.

I have installed .NET Framework, Direct X and Windows XP.

I attempt to open GTA SA although no more from there happens.

GTA 3 also says I require at least 12MB of video memory avalible.

512MB DDR

80 GB Seagate Barracuda IDE

512 ATI Radeon X1600

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

I don't think it's anything to do with hardware or software. Net framework is irrelivant. You should have the latest DirectX then on the install screen, click install directx as this installs extra files needed to run san andreas.

Try these...

1: Open task manager, click on the processes tab and double click the gta_sa.exe FILE (not shortcut). Does the process begin and then end?

1a: If the process does not start, you may have a problem on your computer...

1b: If the process starts and closes after time locate GTASA User Files and delete gta.set, now try again...

1c: If the process starts and hangs try using gta backup tool or reinstalling SA...

I don't think it's anything to do with hardware or software. Net framework is irrelivant. You should have the latest DirectX then on the install screen, click install directx as this installs extra files needed to run san andreas.

Try these...

1: Open task manager, click on the processes tab and double click the gta_sa.exe FILE (not shortcut). Does the process begin and then end?

1a: If the process does not start, you may have a problem on your computer...

1b: If the process starts and closes after time locate GTASA User Files and delete gta.set, now try again...

1c: If the process starts and hangs try using gta backup tool or reinstalling SA...

It does not start, the screen will only flash. I may try reinstalling it.

• 4 weeks later...

Before I sold my laptop with XP I started have the same issues, DDR error not enough memory. I never did figure out, this could be related to either the age of the PC or its capibilities. If it's neither of these two, then try and remember, have you installed something new recently in this new pc. Also it could also be one of the updates from Microsoft updates. You could try installing the game before updates were installed (choose earlier restore point), or if you made a image back-up or alike from old pc - you could use that and try installing game. Hope I could help, or point you in some direction.