NO VOICE

SmokinRE4

I am really hoping as a last ditch effort someone out there can clue me in on this....

This IS NOT ABOUT AUDIO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME ITSELF... RATHER SOME PEDS HAVE VOICES BUT THE VOICES ARE INACTIVE....

I have VERSION 1.0

I have added to the PEDGRP.DAT file a few peds that are listed in the PEDS.IDE file... BMOSEC, Black, Male Old, Security... And BMYPIMP... This is a PIMP other then JIZZY in the game he only appears during the "Key to her heart" mission when you go into the Sex Shop to get the GIMP outfit...

Both have Banks listed in SPC_GA I have extracted and heard the voices... But during game play they say ZIP NADA....

There are other peds I added to the PEDGRP file an Asian Airport Worker, and a White (geeky) Airport worker.. And another White Taxi Driver, that sounds like Forest Gump :hurrhurr:........ All there voices work just fine!

I know from reading things through out the GTA world that RockStar made many mistakes rushing the game to hit the release date... Now I have just emailed RockStar tech support waiting to see if they bother to replay back. I was wondering if those that own versions 2.0 and recently 3.0 have noticed if these peds are in regular game play (non missions or cut scenes) and if they have working voices?

I have not played with these two peds in the PED.IDE file there is no reason they were already written into the file, including the lines to generate there voices.

I noticed this is also a problem with the PS2 version, version 1.0. The Pimps in the sex shop say nothing, I have beat them around bump into them waiting to hear them say something but I get nothing..

I would also ask for a PEDS.IDE file from 2.0 or even 3.0 but I know it is against the rules of the message board. I do not know if you are allowed to copy and paste the BMOSEC and BMYPIMP lines from the more recent versions of the game, just those two peds, and I am guessing that is not allowed on here also :bashhead:

Edited by SmokinRE4

I am really hoping as a last ditch effort someone out there can clue me in on this....

This IS NOT ABOUT AUDIO PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME ITSELF... RATHER SOME PEDS HAVE VOICES BUT THE VOICES ARE INACTIVE....

I have VERSION 1.0

I have added to the PEDGRP.DAT file a few peds that are listed in the PEDS.IDE file... BMOSEC, Black, Male Old, Security... And BMYPIMP... This is a PIMP other then JIZZY in the game he only appears during the "Key to her heart" mission when you go into the Sex Shop to get the GIMP outfit...

Both have Banks listed in SPC_GA I have extracted and heard the voices... But during game play they say ZIP NADA....

There are other peds I added to the PEDGRP file an Asian Airport Worker, and a White (geeky) Airport worker.. And another White Taxi Driver, that sounds like Forest Gump :hurrhurr:........ All there voices work just fine!

I know from reading things through out the GTA world that RockStar made many mistakes rushing the game to hit the release date... Now I have just emailed RockStar tech support waiting to see if they bother to replay back. I was wondering if those that own versions 2.0 and recently 3.0 have noticed if these peds are in regular game play (non missions or cut scenes) and if they have working voices?

I have not played with these two peds in the PED.IDE file there is no reason they were already written into the file, including the lines to generate there voices.

I noticed this is also a problem with the PS2 version, version 1.0. The Pimps in the sex shop say nothing, I have beat them around bump into them waiting to hear them say something but I get nothing..

I would also ask for a PEDS.IDE file from 2.0 or even 3.0 but I know it is against the rules of the message board. I do not know if you are allowed to copy and paste the BMOSEC and BMYPIMP lines from the more recent versions of the game, just those two peds, and I am guessing that is not allowed on here also :bashhead:

Smokin, I think you're the same person I spoke to privately about peds so I'm sure you're familiar with my 'Hidden Peds' mod. If you look through my Peds.ide file in the mod, you'll see I've already activated and used both the old security guard and the pimp. I have both of their audio tracks working. So just check my entries for those two and you'll see how to get them working. In the case of the pimp, I recall that Rockstar changed the spelling of the audio entry for him so simply adding him to pedgrp.dat won't fix it. You have to change the peds.ide spelling to get his audio working.

As for the two airport workers you activated, I'm curious to know what you might have done differently from me, cuz I'm pretty sure when I tested those two, the game would crash for me. I don't remember if it crashed when they appeared on the street or when I tried to get their audio working though? It's been quite awhile since I've worked on that...

I have VERSION 1.0

Smokin, I think you're the same person I spoke to privately about peds so I'm sure you're familiar with my 'Hidden Peds' mod. If you look through my Peds.ide file in the mod, you'll see I've already activated and used both the old security guard and the pimp. I have both of their audio tracks working. So just check my entries for those two and you'll see how to get them working. In the case of the pimp, I recall that Rockstar changed the spelling of the audio entry for him so simply adding him to pedgrp.dat won't fix it. You have to change the peds.ide spelling to get his audio working.

As for the two airport workers you activated, I'm curious to know what you might have done differently from me, cuz I'm pretty sure when I tested those two, the game would crash for me. I don't remember if it crashed when they appeared on the street or when I tried to get their audio working though? It's been quite awhile since I've worked on that...

When we talked about this privately I said I knew what the PEDS.IDE file and PEDGRP.IDE files were for or how the Mains.SCM and or the .EXE used them..

The peds.IDE is a list of PEDS, the appear or are generated in the game.. There are peds in the PEDS.IDE that were used for Characters outside of cut scenes I call them interactive characters, but these are not clearly named in the PEDS IDE file..

There are two called HECK1 and HECK2 that were only used for the Maddog mission were he jumps of the building.. They were part of the crowd gathered cheering Maddog on to jump, they were also seen in the cut scene within Woozies building in SF.. When CJ meets Woozie in his place of business for the first time... I think they were watching a horse race....You cna go up to them in the crowd and beat them or shoot them, but the other is only a cut scene they cannot be interacted with.

The PEDGRP file is for regular peds during game play or non missions.. If a ped is listed in the PED.IDE file but not the PEDGRP.DAT file you will not see it in game play.. But like you said if you add the modeled name listed after the ID# example, BFYRI to the PEDGRP.DAT he will show up..

12, BFYRI, BFYRI, CIVFEMALE, STAT_COWARD, sexywoman, 120C,1, null,7,9,PED_TYPE_GEN,VOICE_GEN_BFYRI ,VOICE_GEN_BFYRI

This is an example for those out there that do not know about this... BFYRI is a Black, Female, Young, RI.... = RICH... This name is in the PEDGRP.DAT file and already appears out of the box, after you install and begin to play the game...

There is also another file in the DATA folder for "COWARD" but it is only for the animation of the ped, and or how the ped reacts to violence, ect.... There is a animation called "drunk" that does not appear in the listed PEDS in the PED.IDE file.. However it was used during the game if you remember Maddog on top of the building in LV as he builds up the nerve to finally jump.. And it could be used yet again by changing the STAT of COWARD out with DRUNK.

In fact I remember coming across a mod called DRUNK CJ and another on called CJ is HIGH, I never downloaded them the DRUNK mod was removed and I also believe the CJ IS HIGH mod got removed as well.. From all of the popular GTA MOD sites... I wanted to download them an examine them but obviously I did not get the chance..

There is also another one called popcycle which controls the times of day peds will show up including the number of cars.. This includes the weekdays and weekend.. And is why Hookers only show up at certain times.. BLAH BLAH among other groups that will only appear in certain areas, Country, LV, SF, ect...

There are 5-6 I really cannot remember exactly how many right now, but these files are in the DATA folder and control peds, among other things listed in the DATA folder that are a small part of how and what loads up in the game... Believe me I am no expert ( and that word is a joke) and I do not want people thinking that I can rewrite any part of the game, or help them out with changing these files.. But you can tweak them only very slightly...

And I said that I was great full for your help, but what we talked about really did not help me out, we both had already figured out as much as we could without getting looking further into coding of the game..

This is about the Voice files, I did not play with BMOSEC and BMYPIMP as far as the PEDS.IDE file, because they are already there there was no need to edit them or anything.. I only added there names to the PEDGRP.DAT file so they would appear in the game...

I was wondering if this line PED_TYPE_GEN,VOICE_GEN_BMOSEC ,VOICE_GEN_BMOSEC namely the BMOSEC were misspelled by rockstar.. and the same for BMYPI... I did type in BMYPIMP for the voice name but that did not work...

As far as your PEDS mod I did not bother to look into it or use it as a reference. When we had talked privately I was already invested into these file, and had pretty much had already made the changes but I was curios to see if I could learn more, thus are private discussion. So I had written PEDS into both PED.IDE and PEDGRP.DAT before we talked.. Since we talked personal projects outside gaming took me away from finishing or continuing to mess with these files..

I now just got around to making the changes I wanted and got to play the game with the changes, when I ran into this!!! :bashhead:

As far as the Airport workers I figured out in the section of the PEDS.IDE under "# ADD NEW PEDS HERE" I could add only two to this line I have not added anymore, 265 and 266, are the ID#'s.. And I do not know what your mod has so I do not know exactly everything you did...

We did talk about this too, and found out we could only add a couple to the "ADD NEW PEDS HERE" section of the PEDS.IDE, anymore would crash the game during the loading screen..

In PEDGRP, there are two section for POPSCYCLE GROUP AIRCREW one is for LS, SF, LV... And another is called RUNWAY WORKERS, this controls what Airport workers show up around the Airport, this is for all the airports, unlike the AIRCREW section..

LS HAS BMYAP, this same one is listed in the original file for SF and LV.. SF AND LV are suppose to be...........

SF ----- SOMYAP S-- equals SF

LV ------ VWMYAP V--- LV

I also added these to the GOURP section for "WORKING CLASS" so they appear beyond just the airport... They both show up during game play and both talk during game play.. I made the Asian worker a TOUGH_GUY, and the White nerdy worker a "GEEK"....

Like I mentioned before I had extracted the sound files SPC_GA, I listened to the two Airport workers voices, before deciding what kind of "STAT" I was going to give them...

The OMONOOD I deleted and put the Taxi driver in place of this ped, since this ped is suppose to appear standing behind the Oriental Noodles Food Cart but never does, I figured I would just rewrite this line for the TAXI driver..... However I have ran into problems with him actually driving the TAXI.. He is written into the PEDGRP file under LS WORKER GROUP and appears walking the streets. and also talks, including carrying a conversion with other peds..

I very well my etract the WMYCD2.DFF AND WMYCD2.TXD files and rename them CWMYCD2.DFF and CWMYCD2.TXD show he shows up driving a taxi Country areas of the game....

Edited by SmokinRE4

When we talked about this privately I said I knew what the PEDS.IDE file and PEDGRP.IDE files were for or how the Mains.SCM and or the .EXE used them..

The peds.IDE is a list of PEDS, the appear or are generated in the game.. There are peds in the PEDS.IDE that were used for Characters outside of cut scenes I call them interactive characters, but these are not clearly named in the PEDS IDE file..

There are two called HECK1 and HECK2 that were only used for the Maddog mission were he jumps of the building.. They were part of the crowd gathered cheering Maddog on to jump, they were also seen in the cut scene within Woozies building in SF.. When CJ meets Woozie in his place of business for the first time... I think they were watching a horse race....You cna go up to them in the crowd and beat them or shoot them, but the other is only a cut scene they cannot be interacted with.

The PEDGRP file is for regular peds during game play or non missions.. If a ped is listed in the PED.IDE file but not the PEDGRP.DAT file you will not see it in game play.. But like you said if you add the modeled name listed after the ID# example, BFYRI to the PEDGRP.DAT he will show up..

12, BFYRI, BFYRI, CIVFEMALE, STAT_COWARD, sexywoman, 120C,1, null,7,9,PED_TYPE_GEN,VOICE_GEN_BFYRI ,VOICE_GEN_BFYRI

This is an example for those out there that do not know about this... BFYRI is a Black, Female, Young, RI.... = RICH... This name is in the PEDGRP.DAT file and already appears out of the box, after you install and begin to play the game...

There is also another file in the DATA folder for "COWARD" but it is only for the animation of the ped, and or how the ped reacts to violence, ect.... There is a animation called "drunk" that does not appear in the listed PEDS in the PED.IDE file.. However it was used during the game if you remember Maddog on top of the building in LV as he builds up the nerve to finally jump.. And it could be used yet again by changing the STAT of COWARD out with DRUNK.

In fact I remember coming across a mod called DRUNK CJ and another on called CJ is HIGH, I never downloaded them the DRUNK mod was removed and I also believe the CJ IS HIGH mod got removed as well.. From all of the popular GTA MOD sites... I wanted to download them an examine them but obviously I did not get the chance..

There is also another one called popcycle which controls the times of day peds will show up including the number of cars.. This includes the weekdays and weekend.. And is why Hookers only show up at certain times.. BLAH BLAH among other groups that will only appear in certain areas, Country, LV, SF, ect...

There are 5-6 I really cannot remember exactly how many right now, but these files are in the DATA folder and control peds, among other things listed in the DATA folder that are a small part of how and what loads up in the game... Believe me I am no expert ( and that word is a joke) and I do not want people thinking that I can rewrite any part of the game, or help them out with changing these files.. But you can tweak them only very slightly...

And I said that I was great full for your help, but what we talked about really did not help me out, we both had already figured out as much as we could without getting looking further into coding of the game..

This is about the Voice files, I did not play with BMOSEC and BMYPIMP as far as the PEDS.IDE file, because they are already there there was no need to edit them or anything.. I only added there names to the PEDGRP.DAT file so they would appear in the game...

I was wondering if this line PED_TYPE_GEN,VOICE_GEN_BMOSEC ,VOICE_GEN_BMOSEC namely the BMOSEC were misspelled by rockstar.. and the same for BMYPI... I did type in BMYPIMP for the voice name but that did not work...

As far as your PEDS mod I did not bother to look into it or use it as a reference. When we had talked privately I was already invested into these file, and had pretty much had already made the changes but I was curios to see if I could learn more, thus are private discussion. So I had written PEDS into both PED.IDE and PEDGRP.DAT before we talked.. Since we talked personal projects outside gaming took me away from finishing or continuing to mess with these files..

I now just got around to making the changes I wanted and got to play the game with the changes, when I ran into this!!! :bashhead:

As far as the Airport workers I figured out in the section of the PEDS.IDE under "# ADD NEW PEDS HERE" I could add only two to this line I have not added anymore, 265 and 266, are the ID#'s.. And I do not know what your mod has so I do not know exactly everything you did...

We did talk about this too, and found out we could only add a couple to the "ADD NEW PEDS HERE" section of the PEDS.IDE, anymore would crash the game during the loading screen..

In PEDGRP, there are two section for POPSCYCLE GROUP AIRCREW one is for LS, SF, LV... And another is called RUNWAY WORKERS, this controls what Airport workers show up around the Airport, this is for all the airports, unlike the AIRCREW section..

LS HAS BMYAP, this same one is listed in the original file for SF and LV.. SF AND LV are suppose to be...........

SF ----- SOMYAP S-- equals SF

LV ------ VWMYAP V--- LV

I also added these to the GOURP section for "WORKING CLASS" so they appear beyond just the airport... They both show up during game play and both talk during game play.. I made the Asian worker a TOUGH_GUY, and the White nerdy worker a "GEEK"....

Like I mentioned before I had extracted the sound files SPC_GA, I listened to the two Airport workers voices, before deciding what kind of "STAT" I was going to give them...

The OMONOOD I deleted and put the Taxi driver in place of this ped, since this ped is suppose to appear standing behind the Oriental Noodles Food Cart but never does, I figured I would just rewrite this line for the TAXI driver..... However I have ran into problems with him actually driving the TAXI.. He is written into the PEDGRP file under LS WORKER GROUP and appears walking the streets. and also talks, including carrying a conversion with other peds..

I very well my etract the WMYCD2.DFF AND WMYCD2.TXD files and rename them CWMYCD2.DFF and CWMYCD2.TXD show he shows up driving a taxi Country areas of the game....

Whew! That's alot to say there... :) First off, all I was saying about the pimp is that if you want to hear him, you have to change the spelling for the voice entries in the Peds.ide file cuz the defaults placed there after installation of the game are wrong. And that if you have my mod, you can reference it for the correct way to change it. In the case of the old guard, I don't recall what, if anything, I did to get his audio working. But again, checking in my version of the peds.ide file might answer your question.

As for the airport workers, maybe I had tried them in a different ped group and that's why they crashed? I can't swear but I'm pretty sure I would have added them to the runway workers group since that seems the logical place. Good to know that they do work and so maybe I'll have to look into getting them going again. It'd be interesting to see and hear them.

Also interesting is what you have to say about the other behaviors (drunk, high, etc.). I didn't mess with any of that so have no experience/idea but if you can do something with them or exploit them somehow, good luck to ya!

Cool, I will have to take a look at your mod then to see whats going on..

I did email RockStar techs to find out if they could help.. But I am guessing it is like trying to ESP aliens, your going to be disappointed :hurrhurr:

It was lengthy post, but I'd thought maybe, I would explain to others who had seen my Missing Peds post what is going on here, try to give some info for those out there that want to tweak there game, a idea of what some of us out there are trying to do when playing with these files.

I will compare what I have done with your mod, and PM you if would like to see the differences in the things that I have done?

The drunk mode for the animation stat is something I will play with today, there are a couple of tramps, and rich peds that refer to themselves as drinkers, so I will see how this or if it works...

As far as the mod you did not have the White, and Asian airport workers in the mod..

And after reviewing the Sound HTML page, and the PEDS MOD, I see the misspelling for the PIMP voice BMYPI, is BYMPI..

The BMOSEC Voice is the same from the MOD, and from the Sound HTML page also, not sure if there another spelling for it and RockStar messed it up when they hard coded the commands. I am guessing who ever put together that web page and those involved had to have found them in the EXE file. Or somehow they were able to obtain a list from RockStar.

Edited by SmokinRE4

As far as the mod you did not have the White, and Asian airport workers in the mod..

And after reviewing the Sound HTML page, and the PEDS MOD, I see the misspelling for the PIMP voice BMYPI, is BYMPI..

The BMOSEC Voice is the same from the MOD, and from the Sound HTML page also, not sure if there another spelling for it and RockStar messed it up when they hard coded the commands. I am guessing who ever put together that web page and those involved had to have found them in the EXE file. Or somehow they were able to obtain a list from RockStar.

BTW, if you search this forum for an earlier post of mine, you can read my discovery of the mispelling of the pimp's name and the details I gave so users could enable him for themselves.

As I mentioned in a previous reply, the game would crash for me when I experimented with the other airport workers. So, for that reason, they weren't added to the mod.

And the old sec. guard, I don't recall having any trouble with his audio... Why it doesn't work for you I'm not sure. Is this still the case or have you fixed it somehow? I'm assuming the names for the sound files were either extracted from the sound banks or they pulled them out of the executable.